Getting Disconnected Every Hour Or So

wrathloki

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Hey, for some reason every hour or so I'm getting disconnected from the internet, its pretty much just a quick disconnect then back on. I had this same problem on my last computer and I thought it was the router so i bought a new one of the same type and I got the same problem, but eventually it just seemed to fix itself. I had the cable guy come out and he checked it out and said that it wasn't a problem with the cable. So what do you think could be wrong? My router is a linksys befsr41 v4.

sturm

Splendid
Hook up directly to the modem and see if the problem still exists. If not then it could be the router. Try changing network cables, use different port on the router. Try hooking up another computer to your network and see if problem still exists.
Your isp should be able to test the signal strength on your line and tell if its too low.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Check to see what your lease time is set for on the lan side. Set to never expire. Mine is set for 12 hrs. I like to have computers cleared from connection.

wrathloki

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Some where in your router's setup there is a section on Local Lan settings. You will find it there. Your ISP controls the WAN Side.

Well there is no option to have it never do that, even if I put 0 it means 1 day on there.