chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Hey need a little help here. I'm currently using XP SP2 right, and I have the Vista on another hard drive. Before I was able to switch from the XP boot drive to Vista boot drive no problem just by switching the primary boot drive in the motherboard bios. But now it's not doing that anymore. The reason my Vista is not on my main boot drive right now is that it that the software supports for raid and games are still not mature enough. So I only use it for the net and entertainments. But I wanna try it with the Beta SLI driver to use my 7800GTX SLI with the new game Supreme Commander.

So now the problem is that even when I switch the boot disk in the bios, the motherboard still launches the XP instead of the Vista. I'm thinking the mobo didn't recognize the Vista boot disk and auto detect the XP and launch that instead.

My question is, how can do a fix on this one? Thanks for reading. :)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hey need a little help here. I'm currently using XP SP2 right, and I have the Vista on another hard drive. Before I was able to switch from the XP boot drive to Vista boot drive no problem just by switching the primary boot drive in the motherboard bios. But now it's not doing that anymore. The reason my Vista is not on my main boot drive right now is that it that the software supports for raid and games are still not mature enough. So I only use it for the net and entertainments. But I wanna try it with the Beta SLI driver to use my 7800GTX SLI with the new game Supreme Commander.

So now the problem is that even when I switch the boot disk in the bios, the motherboard still launches the XP instead of the Vista. I'm thinking the mobo didn't recognize the Vista boot disk and auto detect the XP and launch that instead.

My question is, how can do a fix on this one? Thanks for reading. :)
Not sure which mobo you're using, but does it have a boot menu upon hitting an "f" key? That's what i do, instead of changing boot order in BIOS all the time. :)

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I have the GA-8N SLI Royal, kind of outdated anyways. When I was able to do it, I just go to the bios and then change the boot priority. I have the XP on Raptor raid0 and the Vista on a regular 300Gb drive. I selected the 300Gb drive to boot first but now instead it's booting the XP.

I'll try to do a fix on the Vista and see how it goes tomorrow. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS