SVCHOST showing 100% CPU utilization while running RPCSS

Hi

I m using windows 2000 professional with SP4. I have already apllied all the
security patches which are available till date.

but still SVCHOSTis using 100% CPU utilization while running RPCSS.

do someone help me out on this?

thanx in advance.

TAHIL
1 answer Last reply
More about svchost showing utilization running rpcss

    You will likely need to narrow this down as Rpcss could be validly
    driven to consume the cycles by some run-away process that is calling
    upon it for services. You say you have all patches applied, and I will
    assume that means you have verified that, since there are Rpcss DoS
    vulnerabilites that have been patched.
    You could try starting the machine afresh without network to try to
    divide your resolution space between local applications and network
    driven ones.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    "svchostvictim" <svchostvictim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I m using windows 2000 professional with SP4. I have already apllied all
    the
    > security patches which are available till date.
    >
    > but still SVCHOSTis using 100% CPU utilization while running RPCSS.
    >
    > do someone help me out on this?
    >
    > thanx in advance.
    >
    > TAHIL

Security Windows 2000 CPUs Windows