Can't boot into safe mode

Susan

I have to run all my spyware scans in regular mode because I can't boot into
safe mode. It gets to the point where the screen says "safe mode" in all
four corners, but then hangs. Does anyone have any idea what the problem
could be and how to overcome it?

Thanks!

If you can't boot into the operating system you may want to try an upgrade
install of the operating system which will require your install disk and
product key. You can do such by booting from the install cd. When done you
will need to first install your service pack [SP4 is the current one] and
then install all your critical security updates at Windows Updates. Make
sure you are using a firewall - either a NAT router for cable/DSL or a
software firewall such as the free for personal use Zone Alarm. The links
below give more details. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292175/
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx --- Protect
Your PC guidance from Microsoft.