Shutdown/Removed Power User rights from desktop

I have removed users from the power user group and now they belong to the
Domain User group on the desktops. Now they have to logoff before the
shutdown option is available. Where do I change this setting back to allow a
Shutdown, Restart or Logoff option or is this available only if you are a
member of the Power User group.

Thanks in advance

Cindy
2 answers Last reply
More about shutdown removed power user rights desktop

    Hello Cindy,

    Here is an article that may help you:

    HOW TO: Make the Shutdown Button Unavailable in the Logon Dialog Box in
    Windows Server 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;816569

    Thank you.

    Diana [MSFT]

    --------------------
    | From: "=?Utf-8?B?Q2luZHk=?=" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com>
    | Subject: Shutdown/Removed Power User rights from desktop
    | Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:31:04 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.security
    |
    | I have removed users from the power user group and now they belong to the
    | Domain User group on the desktops. Now they have to logoff before the
    | shutdown option is available. Where do I change this setting back to
    allow a
    | Shutdown, Restart or Logoff option or is this available only if you are a
    | member of the Power User group.
    |
    | Thanks in advance
    |
    | Cindy

    diasmith@online.microsoft.com

    Thank you......I have this article but I don't have a Start Menu & Taskbar
    option. Also this is when the users are logging off. They have to logoff
    before the there options are available.

    "Cindy" wrote:

    > I have removed users from the power user group and now they belong to the
    > Domain User group on the desktops. Now they have to logoff before the
    > shutdown option is available. Where do I change this setting back to allow a
    > Shutdown, Restart or Logoff option or is this available only if you are a
    > member of the Power User group.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Cindy

Desktops Power Shutdown Windows