Shutdown/Removed Power User rights from desktop

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 4, 2005 4:31:04 PM

I have removed users from the power user group and now they belong to the
Domain User group on the desktops. Now they have to logoff before the
shutdown option is available. Where do I change this setting back to allow a
Shutdown, Restart or Logoff option or is this available only if you are a
member of the Power User group.

Thanks in advance

Cindy
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 10:19:32 PM

Hello Cindy,

Here is an article that may help you:

HOW TO: Make the Shutdown Button Unavailable in the Logon Dialog Box in
Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;816569

Thank you.

Diana [MSFT]

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?Q2luZHk=?=" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: Shutdown/Removed Power User rights from desktop
| Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:31:04 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.security
|
| I have removed users from the power user group and now they belong to the
| Domain User group on the desktops. Now they have to logoff before the
| shutdown option is available. Where do I change this setting back to
allow a
| Shutdown, Restart or Logoff option or is this available only if you are a
| member of the Power User group.
|
| Thanks in advance
|
| Cindy

diasmith@online.microsoft.com
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:21:03 PM

Thank you......I have this article but I don't have a Start Menu & Taskbar
option. Also this is when the users are logging off. They have to logoff
before the there options are available.

!