Disk Full Prompt While save from A Applications from Remote

Hi,

I'm facing this wierd problems. I have a single simple Windows 2000 domain
setup in my network. I have this problem when I try to save a application
like say Office .doc files from a client to a shared folder on a server
across network. A error prompting that disk is full which it isn't. The only
way I can save this file is save to local hard disk and then copy it to that
remote shared folder. The windows quota wasn't indicate the user qouta
storage reach max nor was the drive full. A search online did not gets me
anywhere to solve this problem. Any help and leads to trouble-shoot would be
appreciated. Thank you.

--
Regards

Mason

I faced similar problem when share path was long enough. There were shared
folder in the drive root but then there were folders after folders and folder
names were long.
Have you tested with new "test" share, how Word can save the document when
share path is short?

Regards

Antti

"ML" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm facing this wierd problems. I have a single simple Windows 2000 domain
> setup in my network. I have this problem when I try to save a application
> like say Office .doc files from a client to a shared folder on a server
> across network. A error prompting that disk is full which it isn't. The only
> way I can save this file is save to local hard disk and then copy it to that
> remote shared folder. The windows quota wasn't indicate the user qouta
> storage reach max nor was the drive full. A search online did not gets me
> anywhere to solve this problem. Any help and leads to trouble-shoot would be
> appreciated. Thank you.
>

> --
> Regards
>
> Mason

Hi Antti,

Thanks for the answer. I've tried your suggestion in creating a 'test' Word
document. But the problem still persist. Same old 'out of memory' and 'disk
full' error.

Mason

"Antti" wrote:

> I faced similar problem when share path was long enough. There were shared
> folder in the drive root but then there were folders after folders and folder
> names were long.
> Have you tested with new "test" share, how Word can save the document when
> share path is short?
>
> Regards
>
> Antti
>
> "ML" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm facing this wierd problems. I have a single simple Windows 2000 domain
> > setup in my network. I have this problem when I try to save a application
> > like say Office .doc files from a client to a shared folder on a server
> > across network. A error prompting that disk is full which it isn't. The only
> > way I can save this file is save to local hard disk and then copy it to that
> > remote shared folder. The windows quota wasn't indicate the user qouta
> > storage reach max nor was the drive full. A search online did not gets me
> > anywhere to solve this problem. Any help and leads to trouble-shoot would be
> > appreciated. Thank you.
> >

> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Mason

Hi Mason,
Did you test with the new share as well or just with the new document?
Are you using quota in whole drive or only part of it?
Are you using separate disk/ raid for operating system and separate for data?
Is the problem with one disk or all disks in the server?

BR,
Antti

"ML" wrote:

> Hi Antti,
>
> Thanks for the answer. I've tried your suggestion in creating a 'test' Word
> document. But the problem still persist. Same old 'out of memory' and 'disk
> full' error.
>
> Mason
>

> "Antti" wrote:
>
> > I faced similar problem when share path was long enough. There were shared
> > folder in the drive root but then there were folders after folders and folder
> > names were long.
> > Have you tested with new "test" share, how Word can save the document when
> > share path is short?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Antti
> >
> > "ML" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm facing this wierd problems. I have a single simple Windows 2000 domain
> > > setup in my network. I have this problem when I try to save a application
> > > like say Office .doc files from a client to a shared folder on a server
> > > across network. A error prompting that disk is full which it isn't. The only
> > > way I can save this file is save to local hard disk and then copy it to that
> > > remote shared folder. The windows quota wasn't indicate the user qouta
> > > storage reach max nor was the drive full. A search online did not gets me
> > > anywhere to solve this problem. Any help and leads to trouble-shoot would be
> > > appreciated. Thank you.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Mason

Hi Antti,

Well... I test it by creating a new shared folder with a dummy word doc for
testing. This is created on this problem partition. I do not have this
problem with the other drive. Yes, I use quota on the whole drive. My
physical drive is using an array of hard disk config in raid 5. What do you
suggest?

"Antti" wrote:

> Hi Mason,
> Did you test with the new share as well or just with the new document?
> Are you using quota in whole drive or only part of it?
> Are you using separate disk/ raid for operating system and separate for data?
> Is the problem with one disk or all disks in the server?
>
> BR,
> Antti
>
> "ML" wrote:
>
> > Hi Antti,
> >
> > Thanks for the answer. I've tried your suggestion in creating a 'test' Word
> > document. But the problem still persist. Same old 'out of memory' and 'disk
> > full' error.
> >
> > Mason
> >

> > "Antti" wrote:
> >
> > > I faced similar problem when share path was long enough. There were shared
> > > folder in the drive root but then there were folders after folders and folder
> > > names were long.
> > > Have you tested with new "test" share, how Word can save the document when
> > > share path is short?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Antti

Hi Mason,
Well because another drive does not have any problems it seems that it's
somehow related to quota. How about quota entries, any warnings or limits
there?
How about your event viewer? Any related errors?

Have you checked the drive health as well?
Sometimes defragmented drive may cause problems. If you need to defragment
your drive you should try PerfectDisk software, instead of windows own tools.
More PerfectDisk info and eval download link as follows.
http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/

What comes to quota, is there any possibility to switch it off?

BR,
Antti