folder permission

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have one user who for some strange reason dediced to remove administartor
on her folder and she made a mistake remove administartor and herself. I not
sure how she did this but now I can not change the permission even as the the
administrator it grey out once I get into the advance tab. I can not move
this folder it say the filea are in used when they are not.

Is there any I can do so I can take over and restore the permissions other
then using the backup to restore this folder a loose a day work.

Hi Frank.

You should be able to take ownership of the folder as an administrator. Go
to advanced - owner and change owner to administrators. Then you should be
able to set permissions on it. The link below is more specific if you need
more details. It is for XP but also applies to W2K. --- Steve