when i disable the firewall under the administrative account will that
disable it for all the users on the machine if not how can i disable it for
all users on the machine instead of going into each profile?

Check the following to see if it answers your question:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/depfwset/default.mspx

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"sthompson" <sthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i disable the firewall under the administrative account will that
> disable it for all the users on the machine if not how can i disable it
> for
> all users on the machine instead of going into each profile?

Most firewalls can be turned off or on by clicking on the icon. Since you
did not mention the type of firewall there is no way to know if yours can.
Also, when a firewall is off for one it is off for all users untill the
machine is restarted.
However, I can not in good faith advise you to do this. If you have a
high speed connection I wouldn't give the machine 15 minutes before someone
hits it.
Is the firewall stopping a certain program ? Try using a different
proxy setting. Wil the other users know that the firewall is off ? If you
turn it off they should. An internet attack is no fun. Pleaae think about a
better way around the problem. Best of luck to you.