Establish auditing for 600 users

I'm using a File Storage Srvrv based on W2000, is there a MS tool or third
party where can I establish file audit for 600 users, because do it in manual
way will be a lot of job.

Thanks,
Oscar
3 answers Last reply
More about establish auditing users

    What is it you want to audit?

    For example, if you want to audit all read/write/execute
    attempts that failed, no matter what user this is a single
    setting to be made at the root of each partition.
    Similarly, if some users have access to one part of a
    partition, some others elsewhere within it, etc. no matter
    how many different shared areas and distinct groups of
    accounts have access in exclusive areas, you can still
    just set a single audit setting at the root of each partition.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm using a File Storage Srvrv based on W2000, is there a MS tool or third
    > party where can I establish file audit for 600 users, because do it in
    manual
    > way will be a lot of job.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Oscar

    Yes, you can use Professional Audit Expander http://www.winsysbee.com
    This tool gives you NTFS (DACL,SACL, Owner) audits on folders/files/AD/Registry/IIS/MS Domain/WMI....and much more

    WinSysBee Support Team
    http://www.winsysbee.com

    nntp://news.free.fr/microsoft.public.win2000.security/ >

    "Oscar" wrote in message
    > I'm using a File Storage Srvrv based on W2000, is there a MS tool or third
    > party where can I establish file audit for 600 users, because do it in
    manual
    > way will be a lot of job.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Oscar

    [microsoft.public.win2000.security > ]

    "Winsysbee" wrote

    > Yes, you can use Professional Audit Expander

    I can!!! Wow.

    Now, why is it that I would want to do that for
    the issue this poster brought to the forum? An
    issue that seems simply resolved by what is
    already within Windows and simply usable at
    no added cost ??

    Please review the NG rules of engagement relative
    to non-use of the MS forums for advertising.
    Constructive posts by commericial entities are of
    course useful and welcome. Ones that only seek to
    increase market share will over time come to be
    noticed and routinely deleted.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA

    > This tool gives you NTFS (DACL,SACL, Owner) audits on
    folders/files/AD/Registry/IIS/MS Domain/WMI....and much more

    > WinSysBee Support Team

    ?!!

    > What is it you want to audit?
    >
    > For example, if you want to audit all read/write/execute
    > attempts that failed, no matter what user this is a single
    > setting to be made at the root of each partition.
    > Similarly, if some users have access to one part of a
    > partition, some others elsewhere within it, etc. no matter
    > how many different shared areas and distinct groups of
    > accounts have access in exclusive areas, you can still
    > just set a single audit setting at the root of each partition.
    >
    > --
    > Roger Abell
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    > MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    > "Oscar" wrote in message
    > > I'm using a File Storage Srvrv based on W2000, is there a MS tool or
    third
    > > party where can I establish file audit for 600 users, because do it in
    > manual
    > > way will be a lot of job.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Oscar