Establish auditing for 600 users

Oscar

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

I'm using a File Storage Srvrv based on W2000, is there a MS tool or third
party where can I establish file audit for 600 users, because do it in manual
way will be a lot of job.

Thanks,
Oscar

What is it you want to audit?

For example, if you want to audit all read/write/execute
attempts that failed, no matter what user this is a single
setting to be made at the root of each partition.
Similarly, if some users have access to one part of a
partition, some others elsewhere within it, etc. no matter
how many different shared areas and distinct groups of
accounts have access in exclusive areas, you can still
just set a single audit setting at the root of each partition.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a File Storage Srvrv based on W2000, is there a MS tool or third
> party where can I establish file audit for 600 users, because do it in
manual
> way will be a lot of job.
>
> Thanks,
> Oscar

Yes, you can use Professional Audit Expander http://www.winsysbee.com
This tool gives you NTFS (DACL,SACL, Owner) audits on folders/files/AD/Registry/IIS/MS Domain/WMI....and much more

WinSysBee Support Team
http://www.winsysbee.com

nntp://news.free.fr/microsoft.public.win2000.security/ >

"Oscar" wrote in message
> I'm using a File Storage Srvrv based on W2000, is there a MS tool or third
> party where can I establish file audit for 600 users, because do it in
manual
> way will be a lot of job.
>
> Thanks,
> Oscar

[microsoft.public.win2000.security > ]

"Winsysbee" wrote

> Yes, you can use Professional Audit Expander

I can!!! Wow.

Now, why is it that I would want to do that for
the issue this poster brought to the forum? An
issue that seems simply resolved by what is
already within Windows and simply usable at
no added cost ??

Please review the NG rules of engagement relative
to non-use of the MS forums for advertising.
Constructive posts by commericial entities are of
course useful and welcome. Ones that only seek to
increase market share will over time come to be
noticed and routinely deleted.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA

> This tool gives you NTFS (DACL,SACL, Owner) audits on
folders/files/AD/Registry/IIS/MS Domain/WMI....and much more

> WinSysBee Support Team

?!!