Sign in with
Your question

Newegg order on Friday - not processed yet

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
April 3, 2011 1:20:48 PM

Hi.

I'm just wondering. I ordered the rest of my PC build on Friday at about 2am (or a little before). I went to check 'tracking' and it says that it's been "charged", but the 2nd step "packaging" hasn't taken place yet (as of Saturday). If I ordered really early Friday, shouldn't my order have been at least "packaged" by now? Just wondering.

P.S. The HDD, CPU, and Windows 7 only took 3 days to get to me in Maine.
April 3, 2011 4:33:37 PM

The shipping services are closed on the weekends. Look for Newegg to post the shipping company has received the package and a tracking number being created by the end of the day when they open back up on monday. Also Newegg offers free shipping called eggsaver or something similar. DHL picks up the package and delivers it to a US mail center distribution center like at the nearest airport for example. The US Postal service kicks the package arond for a few days, runs overit a few times laying around of the dock before your mailman finally decides to load it up on the truck and pack it up to your house along with your utility bill.
April 3, 2011 4:37:20 PM

badge said:
The shipping services are closed on the weekends. Look for Newegg to post the shipping company has received the package and a tracking number being created by the end of the day when they open back up on monday. Also Newegg offers free shipping called eggsaver or something similar. DHL picks up the package and delivers it to a US mail center distribution center like at the nearest airport for example. The US Postal service kicks the package arond for a few days, runs overit a few times laying around of the dock before your mailman finally decides to load it up on the truck and pack it up to your house along with your utility bill.

Thanks. I use UPS.
Related resources
April 3, 2011 5:09:20 PM

Newegg is very good about not selling their merchandise unless the item is actually in stock in their possession. Their policy to do business this way is the exception, not the rule.
April 3, 2011 8:15:21 PM

badge said:
Newegg is very good about not selling their merchandise unless the item is actually in stock in their possession. Their policy to do business this way is the exception, not the rule.

Everything I ordered was "in stock" on the website, but who knows, there may be an item that they didn't have at the time. I'll have to see what happens on Monday ... I have a feeling I'll check my e-mail and see that the order has shipped though .... I hope .... can't wait to get my new system together!

ASUS P8P67 (vanilla board)
8 gig Ripsaw memory
Sandy Bridge i5 2500k
500gb WD main HDD
(soon to add 1 or 2 TB storage drive)
NVIDIA 9600 GT 512 MB vid card (plan to upgrade in near future)
Windows 7 64-bit
April 5, 2011 9:28:20 PM

Hello keto6789,

Please PM me the Sales order number and I'll be sure to investigate this order's shipping status.

Thanks,
Newegg.com
April 6, 2011 4:38:53 AM

Newegg_Support said:
Hello keto6789,

Please PM me the Sales order number and I'll be sure to investigate this order's shipping status.

Thanks,
Newegg.com

Thanks, but it's been shipped. It actually shipped on Sunday. I think I spoke too soon. Very pleased with Newegg.

!