Bluetooth crocked in ipaq H2210?

May 19, 2005 11:43:55 PM

I've checked the archives, and whilst people get this problem quite often I
haven't seen any great solutions...

My bluetooth manager (H2210) fails to show the devices, and instead says
"Bluetooth Manager -- The bluetooth radio failed to turn on due to
insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset before
you can turn on the bluetooth radio."

Soft and hard resets don't fix it... and a re-install of the latest BIOS in
ROM still fails to fix it. Is there any chance there's still something left
somewhere in memory that's messing things up? If so - how do you get rid of
it. I've removed the SD and CF cards, but the way. It's not a case of
adding too many programmes... right after a ROM install I try the Bluetooth
manager and it fails.

Any ideas welcome...

Anyone know how much an out-of-warranty fix through HP would be?

Thanks

Paul
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 3:04:58 AM

Reply to message from "paulnews2004" <paulnews2004@blueyonder.co.uk> (Thu,
19 May 2005 15:43:55) about "Bluetooth crocked in ipaq H2210?":

p> I've checked the archives, and whilst people get this problem quite
p> often I haven't seen any great solutions...

p> My bluetooth manager (H2210) fails to show the devices, and instead
p> says "Bluetooth Manager -- The bluetooth radio failed to turn on due to
p> insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset
p> before you can turn on the bluetooth radio."

p> Soft and hard resets don't fix it... and a re-install of the latest
p> BIOS in ROM still fails to fix it. Is there any chance there's still
p> something left somewhere in memory that's messing things up? If so -
p> how do you get rid of it. I've removed the SD and CF cards, but the
p> way. It's not a case of adding too many programmes... right after a ROM
p> install I try the Bluetooth manager and it fails.

p> Any ideas welcome...

p> Anyone know how much an out-of- warranty fix through HP would be?

p> Thanks

p> Paul

What worked for me when I had a 2215 was to turn it off, remove the battery
and then put it back in. Worked 100% of the time.

Don

===
Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.3
!