Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Whan I run the Nero Info tool I get a message box with this title then:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\AUTOEXEC.NT
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MS Windows
applications. Click Close to terminate application.

Nero Info tool then works OK and PC works OK otherwise. Can anyone explain
what the message is about?

--

Kenny Cargill

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Whan I run the Nero Info tool I get a message box with this title then:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\AUTOEXEC.NT
> The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MS Windows
> applications. Click Close to terminate application.
>
> Nero Info tool then works OK and PC works OK otherwise. Can anyone
> explain what the message is about?
>

> --
>
> Kenny Cargill

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Thanks for the reply and the link. Will give that a try and post back with
the results.
This only started occurring after a re-install of XP with SP2, I had used
the Nero info tool many times before SP2 and no problems.
BTW I have the most recent version of Nero.

--

Kenny Cargill

> Hi
>
> Please see if the following article helps:
>
> "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
> Program"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups.
>

> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Whan I run the Nero Info tool I get a message box with this title then:
>>
>> C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
>> C:\WINDOWS\System32\AUTOEXEC.NT
>> The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MS Windows
>> applications. Click Close to terminate application.
>>
>> Nero Info tool then works OK and PC works OK otherwise. Can anyone
>> explain what the message is about?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kenny Cargill

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Just tried it and got stuck on the first line.
After expanding the CD drive and typing in the line the Enter I get the
message that Windows cannot open this file:

File: CONFIG.NT_

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it and then do
I want to use Web service or select program from a list.
I have only a basic understanding of DOS and don't know where to go from
here.
--

Kenny Cargill

> Hi
>
> Please see if the following article helps:
>
> "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
> Program"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups.
>

> "Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Whan I run the Nero Info tool I get a message box with this title then:
>>
>> C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
>> C:\WINDOWS\System32\AUTOEXEC.NT
>> The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MS Windows
>> applications. Click Close to terminate application.
>>
>> Nero Info tool then works OK and PC works OK otherwise. Can anyone
>> explain what the message is about?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kenny Cargill

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

It's OK, I didn't realise that "expand" was a DOS command, I thought it
meant opening it using the DIR command.
Just tried Nero Info Tool again and it now opens without the error message.
Thanks again.

--

Kenny Cargill