Security log is full

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
April 16, 2005 6:03:25 PM

Is there a way to allow a non-admin user to login, in spite of this
condition? gpedit.msc?

--
Phil M.

More about : security log full

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 18, 2005 6:33:12 PM

Phil M. wrote:
> Is there a way to allow a non-admin user to login, in spite of this
> condition? gpedit.msc?

Why would you want non-admin users logging in and doing stuff when you
can't audit the event?

If it were me I'd set the log file to either a) be larger or b)
over-write events as needed.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 18, 2005 9:13:49 PM

"andy smart" <anonymus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 40cuo$5fg$2@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
> Phil M. wrote:
> > Is there a way to allow a non-admin user to login, in spite of this
> > condition? gpedit.msc?
> >
> Why would you want non-admin users logging in and doing stuff when you
> can't audit the event?
>
> If it were me I'd set the log file to either a) be larger or b)
> over-write events as needed.

I agree with Andy (and Steven).

Add this:

Overwrite AFTER N days and check your logs
at least ever (N - 1) days.
!