PC reboots automatic

Yesterday I did a few installations:
- US-Robotics wireless 8054
- McAfee securitycenter
-Nikon Biew 5
-Nikon capture 3

Problem: if I don't enter my password fast enough, my PC reboots again and
again....
If I enter my password fast, I dont have any other password. Safe moda =>
no problem

Looking for a reason I remarked my PC has been visited by
Trojan.Win32.VB.kq
I only found the file patchwr.exe in the local settings

From instnotify.exe and mw_4s_stub.exe there was no trace (anymore?). Also
checked the outlook express-settings: OK

Who has a tip for me????

Dirk VC

DIRK VAN CAMPENHOUT wrote:
> Yesterday I did a few installations:
> - US-Robotics wireless 8054
> - McAfee securitycenter
> -Nikon Biew 5
> -Nikon capture 3
>
> Problem: if I don't enter my password fast enough, my PC reboots again and
> again....
> If I enter my password fast, I dont have any other password. Safe moda =>
> no problem
>
> Looking for a reason I remarked my PC has been visited by
> Trojan.Win32.VB.kq
> I only found the file patchwr.exe in the local settings
>
> From instnotify.exe and mw_4s_stub.exe there was no trace (anymore?). Also
> checked the outlook express-settings: OK
>

> Who has a tip for me????
>
> Dirk VC

Try uninstalling the stuff one at a time and see if the problem goes
away? That would at least let you know which one was causing the problem...

Since it works fine in safe mode it sounds like you still have a malware
problem. Try using the Trend Micro Sysclean package to see what it can find
and clean. It is free and all you have to do is download Sysclean and the
pattern file for it [unzip it] to a common folder to run from. See details
at the link below. Free tools from SysInternals such as Autoruns, Process
Explorer, and TCPView may also be helpful in determining the problem. ---
Steve

http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp -- Sysclean
http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp -- pattern file in .zip
format
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml --- Autoruns

"DIRK VAN CAMPENHOUT" <VANCAMPENHOUTDIRK@TISCALI.BE> wrote in message
> Yesterday I did a few installations:
> - US-Robotics wireless 8054
> - McAfee securitycenter
> -Nikon Biew 5
> -Nikon capture 3
>
> Problem: if I don't enter my password fast enough, my PC reboots again and
> again....
> If I enter my password fast, I dont have any other password. Safe moda =>
> no problem
>
> Looking for a reason I remarked my PC has been visited by
> Trojan.Win32.VB.kq
> I only found the file patchwr.exe in the local settings
>
> From instnotify.exe and mw_4s_stub.exe there was no trace (anymore?).
> Also
> checked the outlook express-settings: OK
>

> Who has a tip for me????
>
> Dirk VC

Thanks a lot for your reactions. It putted me on the way:

I uninstalled the nikon programs.
I went to the site as Steve L proposed and runned the downloaded programs...
No result.

I went to Eventlog

And I found a "saveDump"

The propreties:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f
(0x00000008, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)."

Putting this on Google...

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=519770

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2002071208532048?open&src=w

I think I'm gone take contakt with Mr. McAfee.

If any results, I leave a message.

Dirk
> Since it works fine in safe mode it sounds like you still have a malware
> problem. Try using the Trend Micro Sysclean package to see what it can
find
> and clean. It is free and all you have to do is download Sysclean and the
> pattern file for it [unzip it] to a common folder to run from. See details
> at the link below. Free tools from SysInternals such as Autoruns, Process
> Explorer, and TCPView may also be helpful in determining the problem. ---
> Steve
>
> http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp -- Sysclean
> http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp -- pattern file in .zip
> format
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml --- Autoruns
>
> "DIRK VAN CAMPENHOUT" <VANCAMPENHOUTDIRK@TISCALI.BE> wrote in message
> > Yesterday I did a few installations:
> > - US-Robotics wireless 8054
> > - McAfee securitycenter
> > -Nikon Biew 5
> > -Nikon capture 3
> >
> > Problem: if I don't enter my password fast enough, my PC reboots again
and
> > again....
> > If I enter my password fast, I dont have any other password. Safe moda
=>
> > no problem
> >
> > Looking for a reason I remarked my PC has been visited by
> > Trojan.Win32.VB.kq
> > I only found the file patchwr.exe in the local settings
> >
> > From instnotify.exe and mw_4s_stub.exe there was no trace (anymore?).
> > Also
> > checked the outlook express-settings: OK
> >

> > Who has a tip for me????
> >
> > Dirk VC

Solved!!!

See http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=45700&highlight=

Thanks a lot anyway

Dirk VC

Cool. Thanks for reporting back what solved the problem. --- Steve