GSmon in RS Pokédex?

I traded a female Bayleef to Sapphire - the first time I'd traded from
Coli - but it didn't appear in my Pokédex. I then bred it to get a
Chickorita. The egg hatched, but still no new Dex entry. A few questions,
then:

1) What do I have to do to get the RS Dex to accept old Pokémon? Do I have
to wait for FL? Is it even possible?

2) If it IS possible, and I unlock it, will all the old Pokémon I've ever
owned automatically be added? That is, if I evolve Chickorita all the way
up to Meganium and trade Bayleef back, will only Meganium's info be added,
or will all three?

Thanks for any help.

Steffan

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<ca4tua$moe$1@sparta.btinternet.com>...
> I traded a female Bayleef to Sapphire - the first time I'd traded from
> Coli - but it didn't appear in my Pokédex. I then bred it to get a
> Chickorita. The egg hatched, but still no new Dex entry. A few questions,
> then:
>
> 1) What do I have to do to get the RS Dex to accept old Pokémon? Do I have
> to wait for FL? Is it even possible?

You can shark it open, if you want. Other than that, I'm not sure but
try shifting the PokeDex mode to National from Regional and see if
just having the old pokemon'll unlock it.

> 2) If it IS possible, and I unlock it, will all the old Pokémon I've ever
> owned automatically be added? That is, if I evolve Chickorita all the way
> up to Meganium and trade Bayleef back, will only Meganium's info be added,
> or will all three?

Depends on whether you trained it while it's a first stage. If you had
a Chickorita and evolved it, all of em'll be in the 'Dex. If you just
had a Meganium, then only Meganium'll be in there.

> Thanks for any help.
>
> Steffan

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> I traded a female Bayleef to Sapphire - the first time I'd traded from
> Coli - but it didn't appear in my Pokédex. I then bred it to get a
> Chickorita. The egg hatched, but still no new Dex entry. A few
questions,
> then:
>
> 1) What do I have to do to get the RS Dex to accept old Pokémon? Do I
have
> to wait for FL? Is it even possible?
>
> 2) If it IS possible, and I unlock it, will all the old Pokémon I've ever
> owned automatically be added? That is, if I evolve Chickorita all the way
> up to Meganium and trade Bayleef back, will only Meganium's info be added,
> or will all three?

I brought all my pokes over from Coli and none show up in the Dex unless
they were native to Ru/Sa. I would love to have them show up but I think
we're stuck waiting for FL..

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> I traded a female Bayleef to Sapphire - the first time I'd traded from
> Coli - but it didn't appear in my Pokédex. I then bred it to get a
> Chickorita. The egg hatched, but still no new Dex entry. A few
questions,
> then:
>
> 1) What do I have to do to get the RS Dex to accept old Pokémon? Do I
have
> to wait for FL? Is it even possible?
>
> 2) If it IS possible, and I unlock it, will all the old Pokémon I've ever
> owned automatically be added? That is, if I evolve Chickorita all the way
> up to Meganium and trade Bayleef back, will only Meganium's info be added,
> or will all three?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Steffan

You can and will unlock it, but you have to trade a pokemon from FR/LG. When
you do it automatically unlocks the National Dex in Ruby and Sapphire.
Something which Colloseum doesn't do.