desktop icons

When I right click on the desktop to "arrange icons by name", only some of
the desktop icons are alphabetized. How can I get the entire desktop to
comply?

left click on icon and hold button move icon to where you want it release
button

"slackmack" wrote:

> When I right click on the desktop to "arrange icons by name", only some of
> the desktop icons are alphabetized. How can I get the entire desktop to
> comply?

Which icons don't behave you want? Ones like My Computer and My Documents?

"lesjf" <lesjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> left click on icon and hold button move icon to where you want it release
> button
>
> "slackmack" wrote:
>
>> When I right click on the desktop to "arrange icons by name", only some
>> of
>> the desktop icons are alphabetized. How can I get the entire desktop to
>> comply?

*the way you want

> Which icons don't behave you want? Ones like My Computer and My
> Documents?

> "lesjf" <lesjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> left click on icon and hold button move icon to where you want it
>> release
>> button
>>
>> "slackmack" wrote:
>>
>>> When I right click on the desktop to "arrange icons by name", only some
>>> of
>>> the desktop icons are alphabetized. How can I get the entire desktop to
>>> comply?

When sorting by name on the desktop, icons for My Computer, My Documents,
Recycle Bin, My Network Places and Internet Explorer will be alphabetized
first, followed by file system folders, followed by files/shortcuts.

> Which icons don't behave you want? Ones like My Computer and My
> Documents?

> "lesjf" <lesjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> left click on icon and hold button move icon to where you want it
>> release
>> button
>>
>> "slackmack" wrote:
>>
>>> When I right click on the desktop to "arrange icons by name", only some
>>> of
>>> the desktop icons are alphabetized. How can I get the entire desktop to
>>> comply?

No, application programs like Turbo Tax, for instance is listed ahead of
Ad-Ware. There seem to be two sets of alphabetized icons. It is not just
the MS icons. There are application icons between some of the MS icons like
My Computer

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Which icons don't behave you want? Ones like My Computer and My Documents?

> "lesjf" <lesjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > left click on icon and hold button move icon to where you want it release
> > button
> >
> > "slackmack" wrote:
> >
> >> When I right click on the desktop to "arrange icons by name", only some
> >> of
> >> the desktop icons are alphabetized. How can I get the entire desktop to
> >> comply?

That may be in theory, but My Computer, Control Panel, and the MS calculator
icons are all two thirds across my desktop listed after application programs
like Adobe, HP, Camedia, Lexmark, McAfee and other applications