knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
i got 2gb's of corsair dominator 800mhz.. 4-4-4-12. i was wondering how i could run memtest to test this ram. is there any other ram test that are good besides memtest86.. hwo do u run memtest86 anyways? i tried and i got a bunch of files i couldnt open.. any help would be appreciated.

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
The program is memtest86+, and there are instructions on the web site (google memtest86+). It's also one of the programs on The Ultimate Boot CD (google that).

ok that does me no good. i went to the website couldnt find any instructions. i need someone to help me to use memtest86.. can i boot memtest from a cd?

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
It is also included on the SUSE network install disk, which is a 30 sum meg download as well.

You can also (if you have the stuff) make a bootable floppy and drop the files on there.

Basically you have to have a bootable disk of some kind and run the program from there. Try the SUSE network install ISO (opensuse.org). Just burn it to a disk and restart your compy. If your computer is set to boot from cd, it'll pop up and give you a menu. select the memtest option and you're ready to go.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Also, you will need to enter your bios and disable Legacy USB Support while running Memtest. Memtest has a conflict with ASUS MOBOs and this feature must be disabled for Memtest to run properly.