Run InternetExplorer in a diffent NON ADMIN Account

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security (More info?)

Hallo.

I have the following problem: A PC is running with any account. Now one of
our customers wants to start InternetExplorer with a different NOT ADMIN
Account. We tried to use "Run as" with a C# application and the
conifguration of the Iexplorer link "Run as different user" but both worked
only with Admin Accounts. What I do to configure the PC, so that "Run as"
works with non Admin Accounts.

Thanks.

Michael Lierheimer
MCSD, MCSD.NET

Please respond to
Michael.Lierheimer@Wolf-Telcom.de
2 answers Last reply
More about internetexplorer diffent admin account
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security (More info?)

    The account that you are using as the alternate credentials
    for the RunAs process tree needs to have the Log on locally
    user right. Otherwise, as I understand your post, as long as
    the account you are using for actual login does have permission
    on the link, and the application being run within RunAs, then
    things should work (if the RunAs, aka Secondary logon, service
    is started),

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    "Lierheimer Michael" <News_Lierheimer@Yahoo.de> wrote in message
    > Hallo.
    >
    > I have the following problem: A PC is running with any account. Now one of
    > our customers wants to start InternetExplorer with a different NOT ADMIN
    > Account. We tried to use "Run as" with a C# application and the
    > conifguration of the Iexplorer link "Run as different user" but both
    worked
    > only with Admin Accounts. What I do to configure the PC, so that "Run as"
    > works with non Admin Accounts.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Michael Lierheimer
    > MCSD, MCSD.NET
    >
    > Please respond to
    > Michael.Lierheimer@Wolf-Telcom.de

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security (More info?)

    create a command script (*.cmd or *.bat):
    runas /user:user_name cmd.exe

    and execute it. Once successfully authenticated, you can start any
    application
    that will run under the user_name security context.

    Do let us know if this helps. Thanks!

    "Lierheimer Michael" wrote:

    > Hallo.
    >
    > I have the following problem: A PC is running with any account. Now one of
    > our customers wants to start InternetExplorer with a different NOT ADMIN
    > Account. We tried to use "Run as" with a C# application and the
    > conifguration of the Iexplorer link "Run as different user" but both worked
    > only with Admin Accounts. What I do to configure the PC, so that "Run as"
    > works with non Admin Accounts.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Michael Lierheimer
    > MCSD, MCSD.NET