Quick Launch Bar & Security

Running Win 2K Server. I've created a group named Employees. I've locked
down a lot of what the employees can access using the Administrative
Templates. Problem is that the employees can't access their Quick Launch
Bar, or Contol-Alt-Delete to access the Task Manager (in a chrisis). If I
move an Employee to the Users, he can access these functions. If I move him
back to the Employees, he can't.

Question: What function(s) in the Administrative Templates will unlock
these two items? I just can't find them.

Thanks in advance.

Alan B. Densky
2 answers Last reply
More about quick launch security

    I am not sure about quick launch though I would look in the start menu/task
    bar settings. For Task Manager look in system/logon&logoff to see if Task
    Manager is disabled there. --- Steve

    "Alan B. Densky" <AlanD@abdsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Running Win 2K Server. I've created a group named Employees. I've locked
    > down a lot of what the employees can access using the Administrative
    > Templates. Problem is that the employees can't access their Quick Launch
    > Bar, or Contol-Alt-Delete to access the Task Manager (in a chrisis). If I
    > move an Employee to the Users, he can access these functions. If I move
    > him
    > back to the Employees, he can't.
    >
    > Question: What function(s) in the Administrative Templates will unlock
    > these two items? I just can't find them.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Alan B. Densky

    Steve,

    Thanks for the advice, it got me half way there. Okay, the employees group
    now has access to the Task Manager (in a chrisis).

    However, there isn't anything in the start menu/task bar settings for the
    quick launch bar. So, does anyone else have any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Alan B. Densky

    > I am not sure about quick launch though I would look in the start
    menu/task
    > bar settings. For Task Manager look in system/logon&logoff to see if Task
    > Manager is disabled there. --- Steve
    >

    > "Alan B. Densky" <AlanD@abdsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Running Win 2K Server. I've created a group named Employees. I've
    locked
    > > down a lot of what the employees can access using the Administrative
    > > Templates. Problem is that the employees can't access their Quick
    Launch
    > > Bar, or Contol-Alt-Delete to access the Task Manager (in a chrisis). If
    > > move an Employee to the Users, he can access these functions. If I move
    > > him
    > > back to the Employees, he can't.
    > >
    > > Question: What function(s) in the Administrative Templates will unlock
    > > these two items? I just can't find them.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Alan B. Densky

Security Quick Launch Windows