Quick Launch Bar & Security

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
April 20, 2005 4:04:49 AM

Running Win 2K Server. I've created a group named Employees. I've locked
down a lot of what the employees can access using the Administrative
Templates. Problem is that the employees can't access their Quick Launch
Bar, or Contol-Alt-Delete to access the Task Manager (in a chrisis). If I
move an Employee to the Users, he can access these functions. If I move him
back to the Employees, he can't.

Question: What function(s) in the Administrative Templates will unlock
these two items? I just can't find them.

Thanks in advance.

Alan B. Densky
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 20, 2005 4:22:25 PM

I am not sure about quick launch though I would look in the start menu/task
bar settings. For Task Manager look in system/logon&logoff to see if Task
Manager is disabled there. --- Steve

"Alan B. Densky" <AlanD@abdsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Win 2K Server. I've created a group named Employees. I've locked
> down a lot of what the employees can access using the Administrative
> Templates. Problem is that the employees can't access their Quick Launch
> Bar, or Contol-Alt-Delete to access the Task Manager (in a chrisis). If I
> move an Employee to the Users, he can access these functions. If I move
> him
> back to the Employees, he can't.
>
> Question: What function(s) in the Administrative Templates will unlock
> these two items? I just can't find them.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alan B. Densky

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 20, 2005 11:52:13 PM

Steve,

Thanks for the advice, it got me half way there. Okay, the employees group
now has access to the Task Manager (in a chrisis).

However, there isn't anything in the start menu/task bar settings for the
quick launch bar. So, does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

Alan B. Densky

!