Buying new memory,need help please!

Maverick78

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Hi to all! I am new in this forum,and as I can see,there is a lot of good things to read here :)
Anyway, I have Intel Pentium4 630 3ghz, HP Compaq MB i915g,Leadtek 7600GT 256ddr3(oc: 620/1550) and 2x512ddr2 533mhz TakeMS. Now I want to sell my memory and buy two sticks of 1GB,so that mean 2GB of memory :)
I can't buy some fastest memory like 800mhz,beacouse my motherboard can accept up to 533mhz(i915g chipset) But I need your advice,is that make sense to buy 2Gb memory on my machine? I mostly use that computer to play games. Is that will be better with 2GB of memory? I mean performance in games like Rainbow Six vegas,FEAR,Oblivion,NFS Carbon....?
P.S. Sorry about my english,is not so good :)

Maverick78

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Mondoman thnx for your answer!
So you think that I nothing special will get with 2gb memory in the games.... Well,I have good frame rate in most of games now too, with 1gb memory,so I don't expect some special increasing of frame rate in games,but I thought that computer will just work better with 2gb of ram. I mean Windows,but I hope that games will work better too. What should I do? Should I buy 2gb of memory? There are some new games that need at least 1gb of system memory,more is recomended to have...

Maverick78

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I dont know,I can sell my memory for good price,almost like new,so i thougt maybe it is better to have 2 stick of 1 gb... but maybe I will buy 2 more stick of 512 and have 2gb,same thing :)
Anyway,only what I need is answer should I buy more memory or not :) I think that I will buy,and I hope thats going to make my computer a little bit faster :) hope so :)