Computer take for ever to boot up, foun out it was th "Myp.sys" that was
the trouble.
Went to repair console to disable this file. I got the message that "the
files is not in the registry"
Anybody has any ideas what to do next ? Thanks.

I don't think that myp.sys is a Windows system file. If it is a third
party product, not much comes up in Google (at least in English).

"Leonidas34" <Crossbay@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Computer take for ever to boot up, foun out it was th "Myp.sys" that was
> the trouble.
> Went to repair console to disable this file. I got the message that "the
> files is not in the registry"
> Anybody has any ideas what to do next ? Thanks.

I believe the file name is mup.sys, not myp.sys.

Google has over 500 references to this file and problems
associated with it.

Colin Barnhorst wrote:

>I don't think that myp.sys is a Windows system file. If it is a third
>party product, not much comes up in Google (at least in English).

Sorry it is "Mup.sys"

Typing "mup.sys" into MSN Search yielded this:

http://www.earthv.com/tips_detail.asp?TipID=63

Read the article. It describes your issue so closely it looks like you
could have written it. The internet is an amazing tool.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:00:47 -0500, Leonidas34 wrote:

> Computer take for ever to boot up, foun out it was th "Myp.sys" that was
> the trouble.
> Went to repair console to disable this file. I got the message that "the
> files is not in the registry"
> Anybody has any ideas what to do next ? Thanks.

Mup.sys? How did you find this out? It's not uncommon to boot to Safe Mode
and see the system "stick" or "hang" at the point that driver name is
displayed. However, the problem is not that driver. It's the one after it.
Unfortunately, XP doesn't tell you which one that is and it can vary
depending on the system's configuration.

Bottom line, is you have a device with a driver that is not quite right.
Check for updated drivers for your hardware.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Colin Barnhorst wrote:

>Typing "mup.sys" into MSN Search yielded this:
>
>http://www.earthv.com/tips_detail.asp?TipID=63
>
>Read the article. It describes your issue so closely it looks like you
>could have written it. The internet is an amazing tool.

I saw that it didn't help,

Well, there are 499 to go.

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:14:56 -0500, Leonidas34 wrote:

> Sharon F wrote:
>
> But how do you explain the fact that the file is not in the registry,
> so I cannot disable it.

Why would it be in the registry? You might find a file name in the registry
but not a file.

Also, I do not know how you're deciding this file is a problem. If you're
going by the screen that shows drivers loading when booting into Safe Mode
and that's the last driver name that is displayed before the hang, it is
not the file that is causing the problem. This is the last base driver
loaded for safe mode - very generic and usually benign.

The drivers that come after it are for added peripherals that are still
available in Safe Mode. They are usually the ones that hang. If you notice
someone posted in this thread or a similar one in the last few days, that
they discovered their USB2 addon card was the cause on their system. If
they disabled the card, safe mode loaded right up.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:13:20 -0500, Leonidas34 wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time to answer my problem. I finally found out
> what the problem is. It is ROXIO 7. I just
> uninstalled the stupid thing.It cannot work with SP2 with Xp and SP1 it
> is OK.

You're welcome and thanks for taking the time to post back with your
resolution. I'm happy to hear that you found the cause of your problem.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User