workaround?

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
1 answer Last reply
More about weird group policy message
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    On the computer where you are trying to install it enable auditing of
    privilege use for failure and then see if any failed events are recorded in
    the security log that may show a lack of user right after next attempt after
    auditing was in place. The only other thing I can think of is installation
    restrictions for Windows Installer for .msi applications. Use the support
    tool gpresult to find what Group Policies are applied to that computer/user
    and then for those Group Policies look under computer
    configuration/administrative templates/Windows components/Windows installer.
    Check for any enabled/disabled settings under user configuration for the
    same that may be restricting your ability to install the software. When
    manually searching through Group Policy to speed up the search select
    administrative templates, then select view and select "show configured
    policies only". --- Steve

    "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
    > On a Windows 2000 lab domain with native mode enabled, any
    > attempt to install Veritas Backup 9.1 gives an error similar to:
    >
    > "This action forbidden by group policy"
    >
    > The message is so generic that you have no idea which specific
    > policy they are referring to.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this error, and what is the
    > workaround?
    >
    > --
    > Will
    > Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com