Only certificate corrupted [local pc] now unable to access..

Attempted to access files on network share but get access denied.

Found my certificate is invalid that is only stored on my local windows
xp pc. Files on network are backed up by tape, but will be encrypted.

Is there anyway of gaining accessing to the network files stored on the
windows 2003 server?

domain user encrypted or not or no domain ?

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"Dave Footer" <davefooter@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Attempted to access files on network share but get access denied.
>
> Found my certificate is invalid that is only stored on my local windows
> xp pc. Files on network are backed up by tape, but will be encrypted.
>
> Is there anyway of gaining accessing to the network files stored on the
> windows 2003 server?

Hi,

Is this server member of Active Directory domain?
Do you use roaming profiles? If not, logon to the server where the files are
with user account that encrypted the files in the first place and try to
open/decrypt the file.

Encrypting File System in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/cryptfs.mspx

--
Mike