2003 & Automatically log off users when logon time expires

Hello,

I am trying to limit users to the actual times defined on their
accounts but I can not find this "Automatically log off users when
logon time expires" setting in 2003.

If this is not the right forum please tell me which one is. I could
not find a 2003 group. In 2003 all of my entries start with some type
of "category" like "Accounts:Administrator account status". But I
still can not find one for automatically logging off users.

Can anybody help me with this one?

Thanks

dbl

There is a security option called network security:force logoff when logon
hours expire which can be used to force users off of domain resources such
as shares on domain computers. However it will not logoff a user from the
their local computer. There is not Group Policy setting for such. A logoff
screen saver or using the AT command to force a user to logoff using the
logoff or shutdown command may be an option. AT commands can be implemented
in Group Policy "startup" scripts. Keep mind that a brute force method such
as that would not be selective per user and could result in loss of data for
a user as applications are forced closed. The link below explains more on
the AT command. Sometimes I find I need to use the / interactive switch to
get it to work right. SysInternals makes a tool called PsShutdown that can
also be used with the AT command or run against a text file of computer
names, which may need to be fully qualified domain name of the computer to
work right. -- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313565
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psshutdown.shtml