2003 & Automatically log off users when logon time expires

Hello,

I am trying to limit users to the actual times defined on their
accounts but I can not find this "Automatically log off users when
logon time expires" setting in 2003.

If this is not the right forum please tell me which one is. I could
not find a 2003 group. In 2003 all of my entries start with some type
of "category" like "Accounts:Administrator account status". But I
still can not find one for automatically logging off users.

Can anybody help me with this one?

Thanks

dbl
1 answer Last reply
More about 2003 automatically users logon time expires

    There is a security option called network security:force logoff when logon
    hours expire which can be used to force users off of domain resources such
    as shares on domain computers. However it will not logoff a user from the
    their local computer. There is not Group Policy setting for such. A logoff
    screen saver or using the AT command to force a user to logoff using the
    logoff or shutdown command may be an option. AT commands can be implemented
    in Group Policy "startup" scripts. Keep mind that a brute force method such
    as that would not be selective per user and could result in loss of data for
    a user as applications are forced closed. The link below explains more on
    the AT command. Sometimes I find I need to use the / interactive switch to
    get it to work right. SysInternals makes a tool called PsShutdown that can
    also be used with the AT command or run against a text file of computer
    names, which may need to be fully qualified domain name of the computer to
    work right. -- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313565
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psshutdown.shtml

    "DBLWizard" <ibflyfishin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to limit users to the actual times defined on their
    > accounts but I can not find this "Automatically log off users when
    > logon time expires" setting in 2003.
    >
    > If this is not the right forum please tell me which one is. I could
    > not find a 2003 group. In 2003 all of my entries start with some type
    > of "category" like "Accounts:Administrator account status". But I
    > still can not find one for automatically logging off users.
    >
    > Can anybody help me with this one?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > dbl

Security Microsoft Windows