[R/S] Help with Team

Ok I've been playing Pokemon Sapphire for nonstop and I'm finally up
to Victory Road in Hoenn. My team, however, could stand to be
ah....tweaked. Since my team sorta really isn't good >_< Anyways,
here's what I've been using the entire game -- I chose Torchic in the
beginning and he...or she i don't remember...has evolved. It's level
25 in my box. I also caught Kyogre....blahblahblah.

Wailmer, Lv 36
Waterfall
Dive
Waterpulse
Surf

Kadabra, Lv 39
Psybeam
Psychic
Flash
Shockwave

Skarmory, Lv 39
Air Cutter
Fly
Swift
Steel Wing

Plusle, Lv 42
Spark
Thunder
Quick Attack
Charge

Mightyena, Lv 41
Bite
Take Down
Attract
Strength

Linoone, Lv 36
Covet
Rock Smash
Cut
Dig

My TMs are.....
Water Pulse
Calm Mind
Earthquake
Return
Shadow Ball
Secret Power
Rest
Overheat

Yaaah help would be greeeatly appreciated!! ^___^

"Amber" <kitsunenoasobi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok I've been playing Pokemon Sapphire for nonstop and I'm finally up
> to Victory Road in Hoenn. My team, however, could stand to be
> ah....tweaked. Since my team sorta really isn't good >_< Anyways,
> here's what I've been using the entire game -- I chose Torchic in the
> beginning and he...or she i don't remember...has evolved. It's level
> 25 in my box. I also caught Kyogre....blahblahblah.
>
> Wailmer, Lv 36
> Waterfall
> Dive
> Waterpulse
> Surf
>
> Kadabra, Lv 39
> Psybeam
> Psychic
> Flash
> Shockwave
>
> Skarmory, Lv 39
> Air Cutter
> Fly
> Swift
> Steel Wing
>
> Plusle, Lv 42
> Spark
> Thunder
> Quick Attack
> Charge
>
> Mightyena, Lv 41
> Bite
> Take Down
> Attract
> Strength
>
> Linoone, Lv 36
> Covet
> Rock Smash
> Cut
> Dig
>
> My TMs are.....
> Water Pulse
> Calm Mind
> Earthquake
> Return
> Shadow Ball
> Secret Power
> Rest
> Overheat
>
> Yaaah help would be greeeatly appreciated!! ^___^

You might consider gettting your torchic to level 42 (don't let him evolve)
so he can get flamethrower then let him evolve and hold at combustiken til
he gets sky uppercut then let evolve to Blaziken - flamethrower is good
against the Champ's Skarmory and Metagross and also against the ghosts.
Also, a good ice critter - I like Walrein with Blizzard, Ice Beam and
earthquake to fight the dragons. If you carbos up the Walrein to max the
speed he can have it helps and level him up to get enough HP to take a
couple hits.

My team for the final 4 was:

Blaziken with flamethrower, slash ( I think - don't have my game here), sky
uppercut and something I can't remember..

Walrein - Ice Beam, Blizzard, Earthquake and something else

Manectric - Thunder, Thunderbolt, charge and rainy day

Armaldo - Arial Ace, Earthquake, Ancient Power, Rock Blast

Swampert - Surf, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Brick Break

Gardevoir - Psychic, Dream Eater, Hypnosis and Calm Mind

I know - a couple of these could use a bit of variety in move set but they
had no probs with final 4 or Champ. I had them all mid 50 level with the
Armaldo being a bit higher at 61.

>>Whip these up to level 45 if possible and you should have no problem.
>
> Yeah *at least* level 45. I think I went in on level 50 and it still was a
> bit difficult. Get a lot of recovery stuff before you go for battles and use
> amulet coin in every battle if possible as well as extra exp etc.

Yeah, I wouldn't know, as my squad were all lv 45, plus my *lv 50
Kyogre*. I forgot about that...

"Amber" <kitsunenoasobi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok I've been playing Pokemon Sapphire for nonstop and I'm finally up
> to Victory Road in Hoenn. My team, however, could stand to be
> ah....tweaked. Since my team sorta really isn't good >_<

In my experience, the most useful types for defeating the Elite are Fire,
Ice and Dark.

Train Mightyena to :L45 at least - Dark moves are most useful for the first
two Elite members, so you can afford to have it weaker than the rest.

Ice is invaluable. There are so many Grass, Flying, Ground and Dragon types
that it's silly not to have at least one Ice move on the team. I went for
Walrein myself, as did many others, it seems. Still, although the Dragon
master is the FOURTH member, he's pretty easy to beat since his stronger
Pokémon are 4x weak to Ice.

Seeing as you have a Fire starter (twisted fire starter - breathe the
pressure and so on), you may as well use him. I used Torkoal myself, but I
wouldn't recommend one unless you're willing to train it to a stupidly high
level so that it can take more damage to compensate for its low speed. Its
ability is very appealing, though, since its abilities can't be lowered.
Not that that's particularly useful against the Elite, but still.

Since that leaves you with three spaces on your team, I recommend these from
what you named:

> Kadabra, Lv 39
> Psybeam
> Psychic
> Flash
> Shockwave

I'm going to be childish and just say "keep Psychic". Whatever else you
want to do with the moveset is up to you, seeing as you only really want to
complete the game. If there's any way in the known universe of you
trade-evolving this, though, do so.

> Skarmory, Lv 39
> Air Cutter
> Fly
> Swift
> Steel Wing

I'm not a massive fan of Skarmory myself, but this one ought to hold its own
if trained high enough - STAB on both Steel and Flying? Good one. Not many
of the Elite's Pokémon will have measures to counter Fly, so it's not a
major problem that you miss a turn for it.

> Plusle, Lv 42
> Spark
> Thunder
> Quick Attack
> Charge

WHER R TEH MINUN?!?!?

Erm. I mean, Plusle's a gimmick Pokémon, so without its gimmick partner -
and, indeed, outside of 2vs2 battles - it needs to be on a significantly
high level to warrant being used.

Hope that helps to some extent - note that I'm just trying to get you
through the endgame, so if you're going to fight the Battle Tower
afterwards, major shuffling will be necessary.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?
http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/mcw/ - Milk Cap Wars!

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> luneric feverishly wrote:

> >> Plusle, Lv 42
> >> Spark
> >> Thunder
> >> Quick Attack
> >> Charge
> >
> > The only thing here is to possibly change Spark for Thunderbolt at the
> > game corner, for a good balance between Power Points, Accuracy and raw
> > power itself.
>
> What's charge do?

Charge doubles the damage of an electric-type attack that immediately
follows it next turn. It's like Sunny D'ing electric attacks for only one
turn.

TME

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, The Magic Engineer wrote:
> Charge doubles the damage of an electric-type attack that immediately
> follows it next turn. It's like Sunny D'ing electric attacks for only one
> turn.

Useful during the RPG portions of the games only when your opponent is
known to use healing, otherwise using the Electric you were planning to
Charge twice is always better - especially in 2-player where, unless you've
trapped 'em somehow, you're going to be facing a Ground type the turn after
you use Charge... (though, of course, in that case you won't bother with the
second use of the Electric attack)