Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) 1.2.1

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I'm trying to use the mbsa against my SUS server and I keep getting this
error.

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
Version 1.2.1 (1.2.4013.0)

Scan Complete.
Could not get SUS data from server sus.
Unable to load XML data.

why can't it find the sus server?

thanks
John
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft baseline security analyzer mbsa
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    sorry forgot http://
    then the sus address

    "John M" <sdkfj@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to use the mbsa against my SUS server and I keep getting this
    > error.
    >
    > Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
    > Version 1.2.1 (1.2.4013.0)
    >
    > Scan Complete.
    > Could not get SUS data from server sus.
    > Unable to load XML data.
    >
    > why can't it find the sus server?
    >
    > thanks
    > John

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    Hi John.

    Verify that the SUS server is operational by starting susadmin and check
    that you can view the approval log. Try using the fully qualified domain
    name of the SUS server and verify that you can ping it from the computer by
    name and IP address you are trying to run MBSA on. Port 80 TCP from the
    computer you are trying to run MBSA from must also be available. An easy way
    to tell is to try and telnet into that port as in [ telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    80 ] using the IP address of the SUS server. If port 80 TCP is available you
    will get a blank command prompt screen with a blinking cursor. If it is not
    you will get a connect failed message. If problems still persist you may
    also want to post in the Microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs newsgroup. ---
    Steve

    > sorry forgot http://
    > then the sus address
    >
    > "John M" <sdkfj@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to use the mbsa against my SUS server and I keep getting this
    >> error.
    >>
    >> Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
    >> Version 1.2.1 (1.2.4013.0)
    >>
    >> Scan Complete.