  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 28, 2005 10:36:07 AM

Hi security gurus,

I'm currently trying to implement smart card logon on my company's W2K AD
network. So far, I've set up (in a test environment of course) an internal
Enterprise CA and am also using third-party certificates to validate the
cards. My question pertains to CRL's, or specifically, the retrieval of the
CRL. Currently, the CDP on the card points to an LDAP site, but for testing
purposes I am operating in a closed network.

My question is, if I have a current copy of the CRL, how exactly do I enter
it into AD and point the cards to retrieve it from there instead of the site
that's on the card? Is this even possible? Thank you in advance.

More about : smart card logon w2k network

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 28, 2005 9:27:48 PM

The computer/application will refer to the certificate details page - CRL
distribution points to find the CRL so you need to configure such before you
start issuing certificates. The link below should be able to help you out on
how to modify CRL distribution points. Possibly an internal website or
fileshare would work for you. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto...

"bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi security gurus,
>
> I'm currently trying to implement smart card logon on my company's W2K AD
> network. So far, I've set up (in a test environment of course) an internal
> Enterprise CA and am also using third-party certificates to validate the
> cards. My question pertains to CRL's, or specifically, the retrieval of
> the
> CRL. Currently, the CDP on the card points to an LDAP site, but for
> testing
> purposes I am operating in a closed network.
>
> My question is, if I have a current copy of the CRL, how exactly do I
> enter
> it into AD and point the cards to retrieve it from there instead of the
> site
> that's on the card? Is this even possible? Thank you in advance.
July 21, 2011 5:16:45 AM

We are smart card manufacturers in India, High level of security with mutual authentication, strong data encryption, and read/write capabilities with 64-bit diversified keys.
http://id-smartcards.com/products.html

!