x6800 vs pentium extreme edition 955

My dell computer has been giving trouble form the day i got it. finally they replaced the motherboard and processor however instead of replacing my x6800 they gave me a pentium extreme edition 955. the guy from Dell says this is an upgrade i think he id trying to pass off something on me which chip is better.
61 answers Last reply
More about x6800 pentium extreme edition
  1. Apparently Dell needed to pass the chip off to someone... :roll:

Anyway, they tried to pull one over on you, because a 955 is a downgrade from the X6800. I suggest you call Dell and demand that they put the chip you actually ordered in your computer. And don't take any flak when the Dell guy says "No way man, that thing blazes at 3.73 GHz, it's like, SO much faster" or crap like that.
  2. I'd recommend you get a lock on the specific person that has said it to you and Report him, and if DELL refuses to do that then consider suing Dell if they don't replace your X6800. That Retard has effectively cut your Computers performance by a good 100%.

I'm sorry for the anger in me but I just hate Stupid People, and the more confident they are in their misinformation the more I Hate them. Advise them that you'll go to Court or get malicious with a DELL booth if they don't satisfy your demands and replace your X6800 Processor.
  3. omg did u get ripped the 965 is ok - the 955 runs much hotter - check the test by xbit back in may or so 2006.

a p4 either 955 or 965 has about 50% of the performace of x6800 - some will debate its 80%

<----------photo-----965 inside 4.5ghz ---

regardless you got a hotter and slower chip
  4. In the worse case scenario simply dispute the charge on your credit card (did you use American Express?) because the Pentium Extreme Edition 955 is not the product you bought. It's a blatant "bait & switch" con that the Dell rep is trying to pull on you.

Hopefully, you can speak to a supervisor and get a proper replacement.
  5. Yeah, you can definitely tear someone at Dell a new hole and be in the right.
  6. Quote:
    My dell computer has been giving trouble form the day i got it. finally they replaced the motherboard and processor however instead of replacing my x6800 they gave me a pentium extreme edition 955. the guy from Dell says this is an upgrade i think he id trying to pass off something on me which chip is better.

8O !
    I am sure prozac26's E6300 @ 3 Ghz can beat the crap out of that P4 "Extreme". Using fewer watts also 8)
  7. Well in benchmarks the E6600 kicks even the 965 in most applications. Get your EX6800 back NOW.
  8. Quote:
    Well in benchmarks the E6600 kicks even the 965 in most applications. Get your EX6800 back NOW.

The e6300 kicks the 965 by a slim margin overall.
  9. Quote:

8O

you are getting HOSED.

tell dell to kiss your as$ on that one.
  10. I call for National Riots and Dell Boycotts if nothing is done for rdguerrero. Dell needs to restructure them selfs away from Stupidly Inclined representatives and technicians.

Dell...You've earned yourself this award
    Dee Dee Dee Of the Year: 2007

Definition of Dee Dee Dee :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h0z6vkcY10

The Awards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJImh4nz-8U
  11. Get the email address of the guy who told you this, so we can send him hate mail.
  12. holly shit man 8O that is the biggest load of bs i have ever heard.. yikes, i bet that f**K tard from dell pocketed the chip and put the pentium in there instead.. yikes..

the X6800 is like.. not even bloody comparable.. yikes, please do anything within your power to get ur components set right!
  13. Quote:

You're kidding, right? If not, hunt him down and start breaking fingers until he gives you an X6800.
  14. Deleted...
  15. Quote:

This is why I will NEVER, NEVER give Dell any business.... he just passed off a processor that performs at 1/2 the perormance.... what utter crap --- sue.... find a good lawyer and sue.... get compsensatory damages (the price of the CPU) and puntivative damages of 10-50 million.... :)

Too bad. I used to like buying from Dell. In the old days, they sold premium well tested stuff. Now they all suck (sell with sucky video cards for example) except for the most high-end XPS. Even that costs a small fortune. What I have now is an 100% acrylic case, a Core 2 Quad with more lights than a disco, RAID 5, and more UV than a hunted house. Dell can touch that at any price :D
  16. Well at least they didn't try to give you one of those gawd awful quad fx chips instead........j/k. :wink:
  17. This is like the Chevy dealer recalling your Corvette, replacing the V8 with a 1.6 litre fourbanger and telling you it's better because it revs much higher! :roll:

SUE THEM!
  18. I think this thread is going to be another dramatic 'novel' like that one with the X6800 ES chips :lol:
  19. bump in order to show my rage if this story is indeed true (no reason to see why it isnt) the guy that processed that order need to be fired or at the very least his supervisor should be repremanded this is disgraceful and has put me off buying a dell even more (not that i ever would but i have reccomended them in the past to people who dont know much)
  20. Quote:

Its not even a 965EE? They're trying to foist a 955EE on you? Holy shit. That's about 30% of the performance of the X6800. Sue them. You have my blessings.
  21. Quote:

Well, the PentiumD 955 is about 1GHz faster than the XE6800...... :lol:
    Man, get back from Moon and take a looka at the CPU charts; even the little E4300 has a lot to show to the 955 EE.
  22. Quote:
    Well in benchmarks the E6600 kicks even the 965 in most applications. Get your EX6800 back NOW.

The e6300 kicks the 965 by a slim margin overall.

Yeah that too :D
  23. Quote:
    *Edit: I wonder how many times this has been done to people that do not know any better and never think to ask others about the replacement. 8O

I wonder how many doughheads got the 955EE and swallowed the load of crap that it's a faster CPU due to the clock! I sniff a class action suit! :D
  24. Once when I was buying a laptop, some idiot at the computer shop was trying to convince me that the difference between a Core duo and a Core 2 duo is JUST the L2 cache.
  25. Quote:
    That's pretty f*cked up if Dell really did that. The Core 2 X6800 is a much faster chip.
  26. Just call back and say ur gonna get his mom 8O

Or so...
  27. Where is the OP?

I want to know what Dell says.
  28. OP, call up CNN, MSNBC, etc. You'll likely find some reporter itchin' to give Dell a black eye! :D
  29. Send DELL a certified letter regarding the switch and stating you want an operating 6800. If they don't respond promptly file suit for 10M or so.
  30. Quote:
    Send DELL a certified letter regarding the switch and stating you want an operating 6800. If they don't respond promptly file suit for 10M or so.

I concur. You'll have to pay about 2M out of the settlement for legal fees, 1M each to me and BaldEagle for consulting fees, and you'll still be left with 6M... before taxes... :lol:
  31. ...$100K to each poster which advised him to sue, and additional $500K for my consultant fees...
  32. Quote:
    ...$100K to each poster which advised him to sue, and additional $500K for my consultant fees...

Ninja, you need more money like I need another hole in the head! :lol:
  33. Sue Dell.
  34. Quote:
    ...$100K to each poster which advised him to sue, and additional $500K for my consultant fees...

Ninja, you need more money like I need another hole in the head! :lol:
    Then we are in agreement then. =P
  35. I agree when it comes to suing dell, for something like this, any company deserves to get sued.

I'm just wondering how many times this has happened in the past, you'd think people would notice a less responsive/quick comp when theirs was replaced.
  36. Thanks Guys, now that i have some ammunition and I am sure i am being jerked around i have asked for them to replace the entire rig. the reason for this is not only the chip the entire story is as follows any suggestions would be welcome.

October computer arrives fan runs excessively loud out of the box. downloaded nvidia monitor and noticed that the fan within two minutes of booting up accelerated until it maxed out and stayed that way sound was unbearable called tech support eplained the problem they sent a new fan. I explained to the guy i did not think it was the fan he figured some idiot trying to tell me how to do my job. Fan was not the problem so they sent a motherboard same thing no solution. finally i get a new motherboard and chip but only thing is not the original chip a downgrade as you guys have pointed out. i have had this machine in my possesion about 5 months total usage time 1/2 hour the case still has it's original plastic on it beaten up by the amount of work done to a brand new machine.

lets see how it goes will keep you guys posted
  37. Regardless of what others say, it's never a good idea to leave that email address out in the open. Dell support does visit the boards from time to time, and, as a matter of fact, there is a Dell employee who is a registered member who gets involved in customer service questions. If there is one thing that you can do to piss them off, it's publicly posting employee email addresses without prior knowledge of management. I'd seriously consider taking that down if I were you. That's not going to help your cause.
    Just a though. But who listens to me anyway.
    Good luck on all that happens with you computer. Here's to a new X6800.
    Ninja
  38. thx Point taken.
  39. Quote:
    lets see how it goes will keep you guys posted

Please do, :)
  40. Quote:
    Thanks Guys, now that i have some ammunition and I am sure i am being jerked around i have asked for them to replace the entire rig. the reason for this is not only the chip the entire story is as follows any suggestions would be welcome.

My conclusion is that Dell foisted a lemon on you. Now if it was an car, you'd be within your rights to claim a full refund under the lemon law of various states. Given that the computer industry is somewhat comparable to the auto industry in total turnover, I think that there should be a PC lemon law!

Quote:
    Then we are in agreement then. =P

Ninja Pwns Capt'n Again! :(
  41. What? You expected to win? You're dealing with a Ninja here...
  42. I thought they DID create a PC lemon law?
  43. an even replacement owould be Q6600 ... not an extreme edition , but at least better potencial perfomance cpu than any Pentium D...
    They trade your Ferrari to an Fiat ... both italians... but with a huge difference... that's the deal you got... call your lawers....
  44. Quote:
    What? You expected to win? You're dealing with a Ninja here...

... no... sigh... :(

http://pic1.picbin.net/direct/e5w2bdz.jpg

:lol:
  45. That looks about right. ^_^
  46. Quote:
    an even replacement owould be Q6600 ... not an extreme edition , but at least better potencial perfomance cpu than any Pentium D...
    They trade your Ferrari to an Fiat ... both italians... but with a huge difference... that's the deal you got... call your lawers....

That would only be a fair replacement if the owner is happy with it. Personally, I wouldn't have accepted anything less than an X6800 or a QX6700 as a replacement.
  47. Quote:
    I thought they DID create a PC lemon law?

I tried a quick google and found quite a few firms like this one so I guess that there is something on the books on some states... It seems that MI and PA are among them.

Quote:
    That looks about right. ^_^

I'll bow to you Alpha Male. Just don't try to get behind me and do that subjugation thing... 8O
  48. I live in PA, ;)
  49. You have to sue to claim the lemon law which = $$$ to pay lawyer.

However,

It is your legal rights to claim the cost of the lawsuit as part of the damages. This is because a business can write this off as a business expense, you cant.

I almost had to claim the lemon law for my car... not a present process.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Dell Product