require NTLM 1 or NTLM2.

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
4 answers Last reply
More about proxy server authentication server
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.isa,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
    > Is Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 only able to use NTLM for
    > authentication?

    Proxy2 does Anonymous, Basic, and NTLM.

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com

    > 1) Does Proxy Server require NTLM1 responses?

    Don't know, but I don't think it cares. I think that might be an OS thing
    and not a Proxy2 thing.

    > Under what
    > conditions can Proxy Server 2.0 use Kerberos for authentication?

    It doens't. Proxy is NT4.0 technology.

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.isa,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    How do you disable anonymous and basic for proxy server?

    Will the server port publishing capability that lets you expose
    servers behind the proxy to the outside work with NTLM only?

    --
    Will
    Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

    "Phillip Windell" <@.> wrote in message
    > Proxy2 does Anonymous, Basic, and NTLM.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.isa,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    > How do you disable anonymous and basic for proxy server?

    The Web Proxy Service goes by the Authentication settings within the Default
    Website of IIS.

    > Will the server port publishing capability that lets you expose
    > servers behind the proxy to the outside work with NTLM only?

    I'm not sure. I think it does, but I'm not sure.

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com

Security Servers Proxy Authentication Microsoft Windows