network or specific applications.

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
1 answer Last reply
More about proper settings group policy

    It sounds like you may be talking more about security policy [user rights,
    security options, etc.] than Group Policy in general. If that is the case
    the Windows 2000 Security Hardening Guide or the Windows 2000 Security Guide
    would be a good read as would the last link below. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9964CF42-E236-4D73-AEF4-7B4FDC0A25F6&displaylang=en
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=15E83186-A2C8-4C8F-A9D0-A0201F639A56&DisplayLang=en
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823659

    "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a document that enumerates all recommended settings for
    > Group Policy and the side-effects of each setting? I'm
    > particularly concerned with membership lists, like when you
    > restrict who can access a computer over a network. Forgetting
    > just one important membership element can really screw up the
    > network or specific applications.
    >
    > --
    > Will
    > Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com