Proper Settings for Group Policy

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 2, 2005 4:35:10 AM

Is there a document that enumerates all recommended settings for
Group Policy and the side-effects of each setting? I'm
particularly concerned with membership lists, like when you
restrict who can access a computer over a network. Forgetting
just one important membership element can really screw up the
network or specific applications.

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 3:53:34 PM

It sounds like you may be talking more about security policy [user rights,
security options, etc.] than Group Policy in general. If that is the case
the Windows 2000 Security Hardening Guide or the Windows 2000 Security Guide
would be a good read as would the last link below. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823659

!