Device Object Security Group Policy

I want to change Device Object Security with group policy it is possible?
can give me the way?
Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about device object security group policy

    Could you give us example of what you mean by
    Device Object Security
    I suspect that many of us think we know what you mean but are
    not familiar with the use of that term and so unsure.

    --
    Roger
    "nmicheli" <nmicheli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I want to change Device Object Security with group policy it is possible?
    > can give me the way?
    > Thank you

    I need to get a hardware disk id.
    I use
    CreateFile (\\\\.\\PhysicalDrive0",
    GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE,
    FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL,
    OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL);

    and DeviceIoControl (hPhysicalDriveIOCTL, DFP_GET_VERSION....)

    In several server windows domain it works correctly with normal user rights,
    but I found with some windows domain that it work only if have
    administrator rights. I must use it without administrator rights. I suppose
    that this depends on group policy setting, - is that true? Is it possible
    to give via group policy to PhysicalDrive normal user rights?
    I found the utility WINOBJ.EXE .With this I can change permissions to
    PhysicalDrive0 but when I had to reboot the PC the permission went back to
    original state.

    I thank you in advance fro your kind attention and cooperation.
    Best regards,

    Nicola Micheli

    "Roger Abell" wrote:

    > Could you give us example of what you mean by
    > Device Object Security
    > I suspect that many of us think we know what you mean but are
    > not familiar with the use of that term and so unsure.
    >
    > --
    > Roger
    > "nmicheli" <nmicheli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I want to change Device Object Security with group policy it is possible?
    > > can give me the way?
    > > Thank you

Policy Security Devices Windows