FAX ERROR

I am attempting to send a test fax to myself and I receive an error message
of: Unknown error occurred while sending the fax" and that is all. I
cannot seem to find any further detail on the problem. I am on DSL and for
faxes, I am using a Robotics USB modem. I would appreciate any and all
help. Thank you.
5 answers Last reply
More about error

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:33:03 -0500, J. Timothy wrote:

    > I am attempting to send a test fax to myself and I receive an error message
    > of: Unknown error occurred while sending the fax" and that is all. I
    > cannot seem to find any further detail on the problem. I am on DSL and for
    > faxes, I am using a Robotics USB modem. I would appreciate any and all
    > help. Thank you.

    Are you trying to receive with the same modem you're sending with? That
    won't work. If you have a friend with a fax modem, ask them if they're
    willing to receive a fax from you.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    J. Timothy wrote:
    > I am attempting to send a test fax to myself and I receive an error
    > message of: Unknown error occurred while sending the fax" and that
    > is all. I cannot seem to find any further detail on the problem. I
    > am on DSL and for faxes, I am using a Robotics USB modem. I would
    > appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

    Just think about this for a minute. What you're trying to accomplish is akin
    to calling your own phone! Of course it doesn't work!
    on salads.

    Thanks for your helpful comment. I, of course, have thought about it for
    MORE than a minute and since I am faxing myself via an internet fax service,
    it is not like calling myself . ..at all. Thanks anyway for very little.

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 05:36:54 -0500, J. Timothy wrote:

    > Thanks for your helpful comment. I, of course, have thought about it for
    > MORE than a minute and since I am faxing myself via an internet fax service,
    > it is not like calling myself . ..at all. Thanks anyway for very little.

    It is helpful to give all information in your initial post. This is the
    first mention of how you are sending the fax so I had no choice but to ask
    the obvious in my first response.

    I have not used the online fax services so am not aware of their standard
    ops. Is there a delay between submitting a fax at their service and having
    it delivered? And if there is, how long is that delay? Can it vary on busy
    days or is there a guaranteed window of time?

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 05:36:54 -0500, J. Timothy wrote:

    > Thanks for your helpful comment. I, of course, have thought about it for
    > MORE than a minute and since I am faxing myself via an internet fax service,
    > it is not like calling myself . ..at all. Thanks anyway for very little.

    Double check your settings with the help of this article:
    How to receive a fax in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306662

    If you search the knowledge base from the Windows Support pages for "fax
    errors," you'll get a list of articles that discuss other issues.
    http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1173/en-us/

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User