VB Scripting User Permissions on Folders

On a Win2003 server, I need to change user permissions on 200+ folders based
on users. I would like to write a script to set/limit permissions based on
user name and/or group membership from Active Directory. Please point me in
a direction as to how I can access/set the permissions from a script. ( I
really would rather not labor through setting all the security manually.)
Thank you in advance...
Barry

This would be a good place to start for scripting:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/findit.mspx

Alternatively, the use of cacls.exe or xcacls.exe in a script (e.g. user
login script)
should do the trick.

Do let us know if this helps. Thanks!