VB Scripting User Permissions on Folders

On a Win2003 server, I need to change user permissions on 200+ folders based
on users. I would like to write a script to set/limit permissions based on
user name and/or group membership from Active Directory. Please point me in
a direction as to how I can access/set the permissions from a script. ( I
really would rather not labor through setting all the security manually.)
Thank you in advance...
Barry
1 answer Last reply
More about scripting user permissions folders

    This would be a good place to start for scripting:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/findit.mspx

    Alternatively, the use of cacls.exe or xcacls.exe in a script (e.g. user
    login script)
    should do the trick.

    Do let us know if this helps. Thanks!

    "Barry Hallman" wrote:

    > On a Win2003 server, I need to change user permissions on 200+ folders based
    > on users. I would like to write a script to set/limit permissions based on
    > user name and/or group membership from Active Directory. Please point me in
    > a direction as to how I can access/set the permissions from a script. ( I
    > really would rather not labor through setting all the security manually.)
    > Thank you in advance...
    > Barry

Security Permissions Microsoft Active Directory Windows