admin account with no password

March 7, 2005 11:23:02 PM

i have a computer that only has 1 admin account and guest, the guest account
has no access. and i don't have the password for the admin account!!!!! help
what can i do if all i can access is the guest account???

up a creek without a paddle

More about : admin account password

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:35:07 AM

What happens if you leave the password blank and just hit Enter?

If that does not work, download the Universal Boot CD which has good
password recovery tools.
You will need to burn the .iso file to a cd. Since the guest may not have
permission to download, I hope you have a second computer.
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

"kiyomi21" <kiyomi21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 69E0C35-AFEA-4FE8-94F1-4F20F615EB19@microsoft.com...
>i have a computer that only has 1 admin account and guest, the guest
>account
> has no access. and i don't have the password for the admin account!!!!!
> help
> what can i do if all i can access is the guest account???
>
> up a creek without a paddle
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:42:07 AM

http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/tools/ntpassword/ntpass...

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"kiyomi21" <kiyomi21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 69E0C35-AFEA-4FE8-94F1-4F20F615EB19@microsoft.com...
> i have a computer that only has 1 admin account and guest, the guest
account
> has no access. and i don't have the password for the admin account!!!!!
help
> what can i do if all i can access is the guest account???
>
> up a creek without a paddle
March 8, 2005 1:59:02 AM

If you can't remember the password you'll have to reformat my friend.

"kiyomi21" wrote:

> i have a computer that only has 1 admin account and guest, the guest account
> has no access. and i don't have the password for the admin account!!!!! help
> what can i do if all i can access is the guest account???
>
> up a creek without a paddle
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:38:13 AM

Hi,

Boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS information goes by. At the
Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome screen
select Administrator. This is the hidden Administrator account and
assuming a password was never assigned to it click enter. From there
go to Start - Run and type control userpasswords2 and press enter.
Then you can select any user account and Reset Passwords.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

kiyomi21 wrote:
> i have a computer that only has 1 admin account and
> guest, the guest account has no access. and i don't have
> the password for the admin account!!!!! help what can i
> do if all i can access is the guest account???
>
> up a creek without a paddle
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:04:05 AM

ckoperniak wrote:
> If you can't remember the password you'll have to reformat my friend.

Nonsense.
The number of ways (free and pay) you can hack into a system with physical
access with no prior knowledge of anything other than Google and keywords is
nothing if not astounding.

--
<- Shenan ->