how can i use certificate with a service

how can i use certificate for a service for example make my dhcp server work
depend on certificate
regards
2 answers Last reply
More about certificate service

    In article <1C5A93A1-D476-424F-A83B-96692A3833AE@microsoft.com>, in the
    microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, =?Utf-8?B?
    dXNpbmcgY2VydGlmaWNhdGU=?= <usingcertificate@discussions.microsoft.com>
    says...

    > how can i use certificate for a service for example make my dhcp server work
    > depend on certificate

    The service has to be written in such a way that it can use a
    certificate. In the case of DHCP, you can't as the service doesn't
    support the use of certificates.

    --
    Paul Adare
    MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine

    what i case of kerbrose v5 can it work with certificate
    and why in mmc when we choose the certificate for service the dhcp service
    exist (both server and client why)
    best regards
    linda

    "Paul Adare" wrote:

    > In article <1C5A93A1-D476-424F-A83B-96692A3833AE@microsoft.com>, in the
    > microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, =?Utf-8?B?
    > dXNpbmcgY2VydGlmaWNhdGU=?= <usingcertificate@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > says...
    >

    > > how can i use certificate for a service for example make my dhcp server work
    > > depend on certificate
    > >

    > The service has to be written in such a way that it can use a
    > certificate. In the case of DHCP, you can't as the service doesn't
    > support the use of certificates.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Adare
    > MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine
    > http://www.identit.ca/blogs/paul/
    > Scientists were excited this week at having isolated a brief sound which
    > occurred immediately before the Big Bang.
    > Apparently, the sound was, "uh oh".

Security Microsoft Certificate Servers Windows