how can i use certificate with a service

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
May 11, 2005 8:49:34 AM

how can i use certificate for a service for example make my dhcp server work
depend on certificate
regards

More about : certificate service

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 11, 2005 11:59:41 AM

In article <1C5A93A1-D476-424F-A83B-96692A3833AE@microsoft.com>, in the
microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, =?Utf-8?B?
dXNpbmcgY2VydGlmaWNhdGU=?= <usingcertificate@discussions.microsoft.com>
says...

> how can i use certificate for a service for example make my dhcp server work
> depend on certificate

The service has to be written in such a way that it can use a
certificate. In the case of DHCP, you can't as the service doesn't
support the use of certificates.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine

what i case of kerbrose v5 can it work with certificate
and why in mmc when we choose the certificate for service the dhcp service
exist (both server and client why)
best regards
linda

!