windows 2000 LAN problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vb.winapi.networks,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks (More info?)

Hi, I am unable to connect to the internet with a Windows 2000 computer.

I have a DSL connection and a router to connect three of my computers.

One of my computer is unable to retrieve information from the internet. Its
running windows 2000.
I am able to ping, that's it. When I use IE, Mozilla it sends out a request
for webpages (because I see activity on the router), but it somehow it
doesn't get any data and stops all activity. For my other applications like
Newsgroup reader, FTP software, they are also unable to retrieve any
information.
When I try to access the windows network group, the computer cannot connect
to the other computer as well.

The symptoms is like this. When I make a network request, I see some info
being send out initially on the LAN connection icon in the systray and then
suddenly no activity. And the application just times out. But when I ping,
it works fine. So I am suspecting maybe its a TCP/IP problem or a malware
have changed some setting?

Please help and shed some light on this.

Now I know its not my router or DSL problem because my other computers work.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Is there a services that I have
changed to cause this (I tried to disable TCP/IP and then reenable it after
several restarts and still the symptom persists)? Is this a TCP/IP problem?

I also use a software using this files ezVidCap.ocx and ezVidC60.ocx ( and
I heard they are malware)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vb.winapi.networks,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks (More info?)

If you have not done so be sure to do a full scan for malware and parasites
on that computer and run the support tool netdiag on it to see what it
reports and pay particular attention to the winsock test results as what you
describe is sometimes related to winsock corruption. Also make sure that the
dns client, dhcp client, and tcp/ip netbios helper services are running and
check Event Viewer for any pertinent messages. The tool nslookup should also
be able to find your dns server and resolve names via it. Use ipconfig /all
to compare tcp/ip configuration to other computers for network
configuration. Booting into safe mode with networking is also worth a try in
case a startup application/service is causing a conflict. Everything should
be the same except the host part of the tcp/ip address which would be the
last octet in a typical class c network such as 192.168.1.xxx. The links
below may help. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817571
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm -- this does not always work and manual
repair as described above may be necessary.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321708
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326155/?sd=RMVP