How to undo AUTO SAVE Password

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 12, 2005 5:34:03 AM

Hi Guys

I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box prompt
to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.

Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked that box.

Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I can
un-check it / undo it?
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:59:55 AM

Try tools/internet options/content/auto complete and select clear
asswords. --- Steve

"Yusman" <Yusman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys
>
> I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
> accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box
> prompt
> to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.
>
> Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked that
> box.
>
> Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I
> can
> un-check it / undo it?
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 3:00:35 AM

To be clear, the option Steve mentioned is within IE, and it
will clear all passwords.

Just type in the correct password the next time before submitting
when the form shows prefilled by autocomplete.

--
Roger
"Yusman" <Yusman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys
>
> I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
> accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box
prompt
> to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.
>
> Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked that
box.

> Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I
can
> un-check it / undo it?
May 14, 2005 7:13:47 PM

Thanks for the clarification! I never used autocomplete - just know how to
erase entries and disable it. --- Steve

news:o cYD8mEWFHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> To be clear, the option Steve mentioned is within IE, and it
> will clear all passwords.
>
> Just type in the correct password the next time before submitting
> when the form shows prefilled by autocomplete.
>
> --
> Roger
> "Yusman" <Yusman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
>> accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box
> prompt
>> to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.
>>
>> Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked that
> box.
>>
>> Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I
> can
>> un-check it / undo it?

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 7:13:48 PM

I hear you Steve.
I am also mostly familiar with how to kill the feature.

--
Roger

!