How to undo AUTO SAVE Password

Hi Guys

I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box prompt
to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.

Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked that box.

Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I can
un-check it / undo it?
4 answers Last reply
More about undo auto save password

    Try tools/internet options/content/auto complete and select clear
    asswords. --- Steve

    "Yusman" <Yusman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys
    >
    > I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
    > accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box
    > prompt
    > to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.
    >
    > Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked that
    > box.
    >
    > Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I
    > can
    > un-check it / undo it?

    To be clear, the option Steve mentioned is within IE, and it
    will clear all passwords.

    Just type in the correct password the next time before submitting
    when the form shows prefilled by autocomplete.

    --
    Roger
    "Yusman" <Yusman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys
    >
    > I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
    > accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box
    prompt
    > to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.
    >
    > Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked that
    box.

    > Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I
    can
    > un-check it / undo it?

    Thanks for the clarification! I never used autocomplete - just know how to
    erase entries and disable it. --- Steve

    > To be clear, the option Steve mentioned is within IE, and it
    > will clear all passwords.
    >
    > Just type in the correct password the next time before submitting
    > when the form shows prefilled by autocomplete.
    >
    > --
    > Roger
    > "Yusman" <Yusman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi Guys
    >>
    >> I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
    >> accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box
    > prompt
    >> to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.
    >>
    >> Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked that
    > box.
    >>
    >> Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I
    > can
    >> un-check it / undo it?

    I hear you Steve.
    I am also mostly familiar with how to kill the feature.

    --
    Roger
    > Thanks for the clarification! I never used autocomplete - just know how to
    > erase entries and disable it. --- Steve
    >

    > "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> wrote in message
    > > To be clear, the option Steve mentioned is within IE, and it
    > > will clear all passwords.
    > >
    > > Just type in the correct password the next time before submitting
    > > when the form shows prefilled by autocomplete.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Roger
    > > "Yusman" <Yusman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi Guys
    > >>
    > >> I am using Win 2000 Pro. The problem I am facing now is that I have
    > >> accidentally Checked on the Save Password when there is a dialog box
    > > prompt
    > >> to enter my User and Passwd whenever I access a certain site.
    > >>
    > >> Now the password I entered could be wrong but I have already checked
    that
    > > box.
    > >>
    > >> Do any of you guys know how to bring up that dialog box again so that I
    > > can
    > >> un-check it / undo it?

Dialog Windows