Active sync, MS Exchange 2k3, WinCE sync problems.

May 20, 2005 10:39:16 AM

I have an ASUS mypal 730w and I'm trying to sync it with my network
here at work. Is there anything I have to specificly set in order to
get my mobile device to sync with the server while in the cradle? I
have gone through and "configured" the MS Exchange setting for active
sync on the desktop, but it has yet to yeild any results. All I recieve
is the message from the desktop saying "Sync status is on the device",
but it does not tell me anything on the pocket pc.

Any helpful insight would be wonderful, because I'm trying to get this
up and running. Our company is planning on buying Pocket PC's for the
executives and I am responsible for making it work.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 4:36:26 PM

No, I haven't yet. Unfortunatly I don't have my reading materials with
me as of right now, where would I go to configure that?
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:08:31 PM

*EDIT*

I configured the server to accept outlook mobile access to my server
via https://xxx.xxx/oma and I can access it within the intranet on PC's
in the network, but I still can't get the Pocket PC to accept the
connection.

Anyone know how to configure pocket pc's client side in order to enable
outlook mobile access while connected to a dock??
May 20, 2005 8:08:24 PM

Hi

Have you configured it on the exchange server? enabled mobil sync and so on?
--

Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen

"brok3n" <thebrok3n@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>I have an ASUS mypal 730w and I'm trying to sync it with my network
> here at work. Is there anything I have to specificly set in order to
> get my mobile device to sync with the server while in the cradle? I
> have gone through and "configured" the MS Exchange setting for active
> sync on the desktop, but it has yet to yeild any results. All I recieve
> is the message from the desktop saying "Sync status is on the device",
> but it does not tell me anything on the pocket pc.
>
> Any helpful insight would be wonderful, because I'm trying to get this
> up and running. Our company is planning on buying Pocket PC's for the
> executives and I am responsible for making it work.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 8:49:37 PM

You're using ssl and if you are running your own CA then you will need to
use this
app(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?display...)
to keep the ppc from checking the validity of the cert. If all you want to
do is sync via the internal network then you don't have to use ssl.

rights...

!