Budget PC, Help is essential Updated with AMD build

Gundam1s

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
The budget for this build is about $700 dollars and a 19" monitor will be included in the price. This PC is being made for students learning how to use the app MAYA and any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

The specs so far are:
CPU: E4300 $169 Link
Motherboard: Gigabyte S3 $127 Link
HDD: WD 160GB $54 (single platter) Link
RAM: PQI Turbo 1GB stick $79 Link
Video Card: EVGA 7600GT $110 Link
PSU: Sunbeam $55 Link (would to pay $5 for extra 4A PSU on mpilchfamilys list but out of stock)
Case: CoolerMaster Centurion 5 $50 Link
Monitor: HannsG 19" $180 Link

The total comes out to be about $916 shipped, as you can see I've went way over budget. I know nothing about MAYA and what would be good for the app so any help there would also be appreciated, like the video card or should 2Gigs of ram be included. The PSU was choosen from mpilchfamilys list. Thanks thats what I have so far.
Feedback would be nice and suggestions are also welcomed. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Heres the AMD build for $808.16 shipped

CPU: AMD 3800+X2 EE $109 Link
MOBO: Asus M2N-E 570 $95
Link
About this mobo, I've been out AMD knowledge since NF4 but I think this s a good board, hopefully, any comments?
Memory: Kingston DDR2 667 $70 Link
HDD: WD 160GB (Same)
Video Card: 7600GT (Same)
Case: Centurion 5 (Same)
PSU: Sunbeam (Same)
Monitor: HannsG (Same)

Grand Total: $808.16 I'm feeling very confident with this build, thanks guys.

I know I can go with a cheaper video card but I'll use that as a last restort.
The memory, I'll leave at 1Gig since I can always upgrade later.

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
You should get yourself a 7200.10 16MB Cache HD. If you are going to run Vista then 2 GB of RAM would be recommended but if your just running XP then 1 GB will be fine. All in All everything seems pretty decent.

Gundam1s

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
CmdPT, I have considered the 7200.10 but they are too expensive and this WD will do just fine. As for the Ram, Windows XP Pro will be used but I'm more concerned about the program MAYA and building the system around that application.

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
The budget for this build is about $700 dollars and a 19" monitor will be included in the price. This PC is being made for students learning how to use the app MAYA and any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

The specs so far are:
CPU: E4300 $169 Link
Motherboard: Gigabyte S3 $127 Link
HDD: WD 160GB $54 (single platter) Link
RAM: PQI Turbo 1GB stick $79 Link
Video Card: EVGA 7600GT $110 Link
PSU: Sunbeam $55 Link (would to pay $5 for extra 4A PSU on mpilchfamilys list but out of stock)
Case: CoolerMaster Centurion 5 $50 Link
Monitor: HannsG 19" $180 Link

The total comes out to be about $916 shipped, as you can see I've went way over budget. I know nothing about MAYA and what would be good for the app so any help there would also be appreciated, like the video card or should 2Gigs of ram be included. The PSU was choosen from mpilchfamilys list. Thanks thats what I have so far.
Feedback would be nice and suggestions are also welcomed. Thanks in advance.

MAYA is a 3d rendering program like 3d Studio max so a workstation video-card will be better. Also, as far as rendering, while the Core2Duo's are nice, the E4300 is actually not as up to snuff as other 64 bit dual core processors when it comes to rendering.

A few questions- Are you planning on over-clocking? Are you planning on gaming? If the only uses for this machine are to do MAYA rendering and design, an X2 set up will be cheaper and perform just as well.

If you're not planning on over-clocking, there's plenty of budget DDR2 ram you can use. For example, there's a deal on Ewiz.com for DDR2 667 1GB sticks at $60 a piece. That's $120 for 2 GB of DDR2 667 ram. Also, since 7600GT is more of a game card, you could easily drop down to a work station card and cut some $ there.

All in all, I would recommend:
AMD AM2 X2 3800+ $109.00
Stable NF4 MB $85
2 GB Super Talent ram @ ewiz.com $120
160GB WD SATA HDD $54

At that point you've saved $40 on the motherboard, $60 on the processor and thrown another $60 at the ram to get 2 GB instead of 1 GB. You can cut funds on the video-card and go with a workstation video-card that's in the $75-85 range.

Gundam1s

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
Wow thanks for the info NamelessMC, I'll go the AMD build then and yes I do intend to overclock.
About the video card, could you list a couple of them because I don't know what a work station card is. What about integrated graphics?

Sorry for all these questions but I'm really lost with this program.

Jaguarskx, thanks for the heads up, I thought I linked it to the S3 but I guess not. Well the S3 was what I was going for thanks anyways.

Also, for the AMD processor, the FSB for it is lower so should I get some 533 ram instead?