ActiveX Security???

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 16, 2005 10:50:03 PM

My 3 year old got ahold of our old computer and somehow has locked
everything. We are unable to right click on our START menu and any programs
that we try to open we are given the following on screen message:

Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.

I believe the system is running MicroSoft Windows 2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : activex security

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 17, 2005 2:31:16 AM

That message is generally related to internet content when it is seen on
Windows 2000. I don't know if you are running Active Desktop or not as that
may make a difference. Anyhow see the link below and it shows how to check
and change your security for Web Content Zones to default which may help
with the problem. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q223310

news:D 273FC62-8811-4D6D-B8BA-9512A7E1A414@microsoft.com...