ActiveX Security???

My 3 year old got ahold of our old computer and somehow has locked
everything. We are unable to right click on our START menu and any programs
that we try to open we are given the following on screen message:

Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.

I believe the system is running MicroSoft Windows 2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about activex security

    That message is generally related to internet content when it is seen on
    Windows 2000. I don't know if you are running Active Desktop or not as that
    may make a difference. Anyhow see the link below and it shows how to check
    and change your security for Web Content Zones to default which may help
    with the problem. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q223310

    "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My 3 year old got ahold of our old computer and somehow has locked
    > everything. We are unable to right click on our START menu and any
    > programs
    > that we try to open we are given the following on screen message:
    >
    > Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
    > page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.
    >
    > I believe the system is running MicroSoft Windows 2000.

Security Microsoft Activex Windows