Wireless Printer

Supergoal

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
In looking for a reliable wireless all in one printer (non-bluetooth) for general home use.
Has anyone got one and what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Supergoal

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Yeah I did think about going the bluetooth route, however at 80 plus dollars a piece I'd need to get 3 since I have a 3 computer network up and running!

ira176

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I use a Canon IP5200R, which is 802.11 b/g compliant. It also has USB connectivity and wired LAN. I'm not sure if it is being manufactured by Canon anymore, I bought it from Newegg.com, and they don't have it the last time I checked. I really like the printer, as the wireless ability has worked well for me, and the print quality for the occasional photo I print off is excellent. This particular printer isn't all in one though.

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Unless you need one in a hurry, wait for about 6 Months. There's a lot happening with UWB. Hopefully by the end of the year we won't need leads for most desktop items.

What is UWB

Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology based on the WiMedia standard, brings the convenience and mobility of wireless communications to high-speed interconnects in devices throughout the digital home and office. Designed for low-power, short-range, wireless personal area networks (WPANs), UWB is the leading technology for freeing people from wires, enabling wireless connection of multiple devices for transmission of video, audio and other high-bandwidth data.
http://www.intel.com/technology/comms/uwb/