Windows XP 64x Lexmark Drivers Work for Vista Premium 64x

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanethegeek

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
A whole lot of people have had problems finding drivers for their Lexmark inkjet printers. As well as myself. I have actually found something that works for me and I believe will work for others as well. If you have tried your old XP drivers for Vista for your Lexmark, and they fail to work. Try this.

Step 1- Download the Win XP 64x drivers availiable for your printer.
I have the X2350 specifically. I downloaded these for the 2300 series.

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:487:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=6796&searchLang=en

Step 2- Install the driver once downloaded. Beware it may stop responding for a good while anywhere between 3-10 minutes. Relax just let it do its thing. Grab a snack enjoy the show. Once it finishes the install (remove any existing Lexmark printers from your Printer's Folder in the Control Panel) restart your computer. Make sure your printer is powered on and connected to your USB port throuh all the steps.

HINT: NOT RESPONDING MAY BE COMMON JUST RELAX AND SIT TIGHT. IT WILL ENVENTUALLY FIX ITSELF.

Step 3- After restart Vista will auto find your printer. It will ask you if you would like to automatically find and install drivers (make sure you choose this option) for your printer. After this final step you should be able to print a test page and configure your Lexmark printer.

I hope this helps everyone in their quest to love Vista. I am not a genius but I try my best. :idea: :wink:

NOTE: I installed these drivers on:
Vista Home Premium 64-bit Version OEM (Full Clean Install)
Using these drivers:
Windows XP Professional 64-bit Drivers
System Specs:
AMD X2 4200+ DUAL CORE CPU (64-BIT)
2 GB DDR2 800 (DUAL CHANNEL)
250 GB SATA2 WD HD 7200 RPM 16MB CACHE

G

You are my hero! I believe you have posted your message more than 2 years ago but I can tell it's still useful. I've surfed the entire Internet for my Lexmark-Vista-No Suitable Driver problem and then, out of the blue, your solution. For anybody else following these steps: stig exactly to the steps as desxcribed by shanethegeek. I also did things different with no results (i.e it installed the printer itself but not the imaging program). Finally, by following the steps as described my problem was solved!!!
Hooray hooray for my hero. Thanks a lot, Bertho.
Note:
AMD Athlon 7850 Dual Core 2.8Ghz
CPU 32-Bit (but it does work properly!)
Windows Vista Black Edition V2

churchlady53530

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This has been buggin' me for days!! I can use my printer again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.