Event Viewer Security Logon

The is a Windows 2003 DataCenter Edition server that is 64-bit that Itanium
2 (1.6 GHZ) processors. In the Event Viewer in the Category field creates a
new Logon/Logoff every 30 seconds for userids that are register within SQL
Server but they are present not using the server.

Is there a settings can be changed to correct this problem or is there an
error with Windows 2003 DataCenter Edition security.

Thanks,

You might want to check whether those are users that have SQL Enterprise
Manager open, and have not changed it to not do frequent refreshing.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"Joe K." <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The is a Windows 2003 DataCenter Edition server that is 64-bit that
Itanium
> 2 (1.6 GHZ) processors. In the Event Viewer in the Category field creates
> new Logon/Logoff every 30 seconds for userids that are register within SQL
> Server but they are present not using the server.
>
> Is there a settings can be changed to correct this problem or is there an
> error with Windows 2003 DataCenter Edition security.
>
> Thanks,

Check the group policies Computer Configuration | Security Settings | Audit
Policy | Audit Logon events. Turn this off and that should help....

"Roger Abell" wrote:

> You might want to check whether those are users that have SQL Enterprise
> Manager open, and have not changed it to not do frequent refreshing.
>
> --
> Roger Abell
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
> MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
> "Joe K." <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > The is a Windows 2003 DataCenter Edition server that is 64-bit that
> Itanium
> > 2 (1.6 GHZ) processors. In the Event Viewer in the Category field creates
> > new Logon/Logoff every 30 seconds for userids that are register within SQL
> > Server but they are present not using the server.
> >
> > Is there a settings can be changed to correct this problem or is there an
> > error with Windows 2003 DataCenter Edition security.
> >
> > Thanks,

Well, that does remove having to see the symptoms anyway . . .

The underlying issue is the repetitious login events that SQL is recording
without, as I read the OP, there being any connections alive when one looks
from within SQL that would explain all the recorded activity.

The OP might also want to ask in the sqlserver.security newsgroup.