Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urge..

Dear All,

Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urgently

I am using windows 2000 sp4 profession. Expect my computer was inflected by
Blaster Worn and computer keep on restart.

After I enter services.msc and select stop use RPC and install
Windows2000-KB823980-x86-CHT.exe and reboot the computer. The auto
restart is fixed.

BUT a serious problem come up! when I enter services.msc and try to re-set
the RPC to auto mode, found it is locked and not allow me to change the
RPC setting. Also I can't connect to internet.

Can you please advise how to unlock or turn on the RPC again

Many many thx for your advise.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem remote procedure call urge

    Are you logged in with an account that has Administrator privileges?

    Try pressing the F8 key before Windows begins to start up and select Safe
    Mode, then try disabling the service there.

    "123" <km123hk@hutchcity.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urgently
    >
    > I am using windows 2000 sp4 profession. Expect my computer was inflected
    by
    > Blaster Worn and computer keep on restart.
    >
    > After I enter services.msc and select stop use RPC and install
    > Windows2000-KB823980-x86-CHT.exe and reboot the computer. The auto
    > restart is fixed.
    >
    > BUT a serious problem come up! when I enter services.msc and try to
    re-set
    > the RPC to auto mode, found it is locked and not allow me to change the
    > RPC setting. Also I can't connect to internet.
    >
    > Can you please advise how to unlock or turn on the RPC again
    >
    > Many many thx for your advise.

    Or, you could just unplug the network cable or internet connection, log in
    as admin and see if you can disable the service there.

    However, disabling the RPC service is not the usual recommended fix and can
    break some things your computer wants or needs to use.

    From another virus free computer, go to www.microsoft.com/security or
    www.microsoft.com/technet/security and look for a list of Incident links
    that includes a link about how to deal with the Blaster worm. Follow those
    instructions.

    "123" <km123hk@hutchcity.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urgently
    >
    > I am using windows 2000 sp4 profession. Expect my computer was inflected
    by
    > Blaster Worn and computer keep on restart.
    >
    > After I enter services.msc and select stop use RPC and install
    > Windows2000-KB823980-x86-CHT.exe and reboot the computer. The auto
    > restart is fixed.
    >
    > BUT a serious problem come up! when I enter services.msc and try to
    re-set
    > the RPC to auto mode, found it is locked and not allow me to change the
    > RPC setting. Also I can't connect to internet.
    >
    > Can you please advise how to unlock or turn on the RPC again
    >
    > Many many thx for your advise.

RPC Computers Windows 2000 Windows