windows folder

In my windows folder I now have a bunch of folders that are named one named
$hf_mig$. One named $NtService... and 32 $NtUninstall and they are dimmer
than the rest of the folders. There is also one $NtUninstall that is as
bright as the original folders. Also my APPLOG, INF, SPOOL and SYSBCKUP
folders are dim.
Can someone tell me what is going on and what I can do to resolve this issue.

It sounds like Show Hidden Files and Folders are enabled. These are system
files that you are cautioned not to access without knowing what you are
doing. That is why they appear dimmed. Dimming is just a visual cue.

When Show Hidden Files and Folders is disabled you will not see them at all.
Just know that you are going to leave them alone and it doesn't matter
whether or not you can see them.

"ANNAGRAM95" <ANNAGRAM95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my windows folder I now have a bunch of folders that are named one
> named
> $hf_mig$. One named $NtService... and 32 $NtUninstall and they are dimmer
> than the rest of the folders. There is also one $NtUninstall that is as
> bright as the original folders. Also my APPLOG, INF, SPOOL and SYSBCKUP
> folders are dim.
> Can someone tell me what is going on and what I can do to resolve this
> issue.

Don't delete these folders/files! They're updates downloaded automatically
with Windows Update. There's nothing for you to resolve.

"ANNAGRAM95" wrote:

> In my windows folder I now have a bunch of folders that are named one named
> $hf_mig$. One named $NtService... and 32 $NtUninstall and they are dimmer
> than the rest of the folders. There is also one $NtUninstall that is as
> bright as the original folders. Also my APPLOG, INF, SPOOL and SYSBCKUP
> folders are dim.
> Can someone tell me what is going on and what I can do to resolve this issue.

To explain further, when you update Windows (via windowsupdate.microsoft.com
or via the automatic update client), backups are automatically created in the
event that an update causes an unexpected result in one of your software
programs or even, heaven forbid, Windows itself. To prevent some confusion,
the files that are backed up are placed in hidden folders, some of which bear
the names that you mentioned. The only one I would question is the
"brighter" $NtUninstall blah blah$ folder. Anyway, these folders are
(GENERALLY speaking) safe to remove, but I would recommend leaving them alone
if they are not causing a specific problem.