Which registry key stores profiles of local machine users

The rights of the users on the network domain are reflected in the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive if they are user-specific, and in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE if they are to be applied to all the users. This
applies for all the users in a network domain, whether they are
Administrator group users, Restricted Users, Standard Users or Power
Users.

However, for restricted users that are created on the local machine,
and not on a network domain, the above mentioned registry hives do not
apply. I've seen this with one of my applications recently. I want to
know what registry hive stores information pertaining to such users.
2 answers Last reply
More about which registry stores profiles local machine users

    Please clarify what it is you are after when you say "rights of the users"

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    "Sathyaish" <Sathyaish@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The rights of the users on the network domain are reflected in the
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive if they are user-specific, and in
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE if they are to be applied to all the users. This
    > applies for all the users in a network domain, whether they are
    > Administrator group users, Restricted Users, Standard Users or Power
    > Users.
    >
    > However, for restricted users that are created on the local machine,
    > and not on a network domain, the above mentioned registry hives do not
    > apply. I've seen this with one of my applications recently. I want to
    > know what registry hive stores information pertaining to such users.

    Hi Roger,

    Thanks for asking. Well, I have my problem resolved already.

    Here's the detail of the problem.

    http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=71814

    And here's how I solved it.

    http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?joel.3.132962.5

    I must admit my question left a lot to be explained about the problem.

Domain Registry Windows