Certificate Authority Deleted

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 26, 2005 9:02:04 PM

We have a Windows 2000 AD that is missing it's certificate authority.
It was on a domain controller some time back and since then that DC has been
removed but I beleive the CA was forgotten about. We have some errors on our
other DCs, "Event ID 1010: Automatic enrollment against the certification
authority ourdomain.com has failed....."
Any idea on how to remove this "ghost CA" and any type of problems that it
might cause?
Thanks
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 6:17:19 PM

I have not actually had that problem myself but see the link below on how to
remove objects related to a CA from the domain. Since your CA is already
gone pay particular attention to steps number six and beyond to see if that
helps your problem. Also may sure that Group Policy for the domain/OU is
not configured for automatic request of computer certificates under computer
configuration/Windows settings/security settings/public key policies. ---
Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=889250

> We have a Windows 2000 AD that is missing it's certificate authority.
> It was on a domain controller some time back and since then that DC has
> been
> removed but I beleive the CA was forgotten about. We have some errors on
> our
> other DCs, "Event ID 1010: Automatic enrollment against the certification
> authority ourdomain.com has failed....."
> Any idea on how to remove this "ghost CA" and any type of problems that it
> might cause?
> Thanks
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 10:05:30 PM

Try the article below on how to remove a Certicficate Authority. You may
need to restore it first.

!