WHAT ON EARTH ARE ATI PLAYING AT??? R600 SLIPS AGAIN LOL!!!

Malazan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Q2?

It's already six months late! so much for competing with the GTX!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Already SIX months behind Nvidia with DX10 and now even longer, by the time R600 and derivatives hit, Nvidia will own the market from top to bottom. Thier top end cards are already getting killed, their mid range is beaten in theto submission by lower cost GTS 320MB's and next month the 8600 Ultra's etc hits. Nvidia will have every decent price point covered.

ATI have lost the plot!

By the time R600 hits Nvidia will have it beat.

Dear of dear oh dear, people hanging on for this red elephant must be nuts.

I'm not fanboy, but Nvidia are smashing ATI to pieces!!!!

:lol:

Dr_asik

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
You're basing your reflexion on future events, or in other words, non-existent data. Yes, the 8800 GTS is a hit. Actually, the only one from nVidia since the 7600GT; ATI has been trumping the mid-high segment with its X1950s for a long time until now. NVidia has currently no choice but to do something better than ATI, which the company has not realized since hum... the geForce 4? It's called trading blows. The FX was a complete blunder and yet nVidia still lives. You can't predict the death of a company based on a few months of superiority. (Else nVidia would be dead since long ago :wink: ).

So, you must be classified as a fanboy.

Speaking of which, the X1950XT is still 70$ cheaper than nVidia's 320MB new hit, here in Canada.

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Go easy. I'm surprised anyone's touting "DX10" without a platform on which to test.

It would be wise to delay the relase to tweak the die for the 2 or 3 DX10 games coming out, so it can smash on the benchmarks.

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
ummm... good for you? :roll:

If Nvidia does happen to "smash" ATI we are all in trouble, It's called competition, without it we will be buying overpriced 8800GTS' 3 years from now.

From your post it seems you are a huge Nvidia fanboy in denial. Saying that Nvidia will win based on a couple of rumors.

cleeve

Illustrious
Already SIX months behind Nvidia with DX10

I guess Ati users will have to wait to play all those DirectX 10 games out there...

...oh yeah, there aren't any yet.

Seriously, DirectX 10 is a non issue until it's playable. As far as performance, sure Ati could be doing better in the high end but it's hardly a death knell yet. :roll:

Malazan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Where did i say that it was the death knell?

Nvidia is battering ATI at the moment and will be for the next few months.

By the way at this time i don't own a GPU as i'm in a new build, and it would be nice to have some competition, i'm not waiting until summer though!

I'm not a fanboy i've owned cards for both companies, but the fact remains that ATI isn't even in the game at this point.

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
As bad as delays are, with no DX10 games and DX9 cards able to run every game out there, this delay honestly doesn't matter that much at all.

Kurz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Arent the people who are buying Nvidia Dx10 cards still waiting for the DirectX10 Drivers to arrive?

Direct10 card is worthless without the drivers.

Who ever started this thread is a moron and this thread should be deleted.

Vash-HT

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
You're basing your reflexion on future events, or in other words, non-existent data. Yes, the 8800 GTS is a hit. Actually, the only one from nVidia since the 7600GT; ATI has been trumping the mid-high segment with its X1950s for a long time until now. NVidia has currently no choice but to do something better than ATI, which the company has not realized since hum... the geForce 4? It's called trading blows. The FX was a complete blunder and yet nVidia still lives. You can't predict the death of a company based on a few months of superiority. (Else nVidia would be dead since long ago :wink: ).

So, you must be classified as a fanboy.

Speaking of which, the X1950XT is still 70$ cheaper than nVidia's 320MB new hit, here in Canada.

You're making a HUGE overstatement here. With the 6, 7, and 8 series, ATI has come late to the market to match Nvidia. If you think ATI is amazing for bringing out a superior product 6 months later than good for you, but I don't think its anything special. the performance gain from X1800 over the similar 7 series cards was really weak for the amount of time people waitied for them, and if ATI hadn't done a really fast refresh with the X1900 cards things wouldve been bad imo.

You say the 8800gts is the only hit since the 7600gt...lol. Wow they only had to wait one series for another hit what craziness.

The releases of nvidia vs ATI cards is so staggered now its hard to compare them directly. Once ATI releases their cards it might only be 6-8 months before the 9 series. I like this a lot better, I've managed to get high end cards for really cheap because of it. I got my 7800gtx for 400$ before the X18 stuff even came out, and now I have a X1900XTX that I got for 300$.

Its funny how you classify him as a fanboy when you've obviously been rooting for ATI since what...geforce4?

cleeve

Illustrious
Where did i say that it was the death knell?

Probably about the same time you said "ATI have lost the plot!"... :roll:

Seriously, Ati has some great products in the sub-$200 category where the real money is made. A couple more weeks delay isn't good at all, but without Dx10 games here it's really not the end of the world.

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
As bad as delays are, with no DX10 games and DX9 cards able to run every game out there, this delay honestly doesn't matter that much at all.

It´s not important what is available but what the media makes people believe they need. I think NV gets a lot of customers that go by the "higher is better" mentality or those that bought a ATI XXX series card and can´t play the newer UT-engine based games (R6 Vegas, Splinter Cell), for example. Most of the "future proofing" bunch has to buy NV cards if they build a computer now and it has been like that for months. That´s a lot of cash that could´ve been AMDs but they missed the opportunity. And with the new delay NV can even further milk its DX10 monopoly. :x

I do hope they get their cards done before the first DX10 revision and Nvidias follow up cards.

Dr_asik

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
ATI's not in the game? Did you read Cleeve's "The best video cards for the money" for this month? In PCI-Express, 5 nVidia cards, and 5 ATI cards. Obviously you're strongly biased and can't look at the real prices of actual video cards and what they're worth individually.

You're making a HUGE overstatement here. With the 6, 7, and 8 series, ATI has come late to the market to match Nvidia. If you think ATI is amazing for bringing out a superior product 6 months later than good for you, but I don't think its anything special.
I did not say ATI was amazing for anything. (Actually, I'd like to know what is the HUGE overstatement you're talking about). What I said is that nVidia, until the G80, hasn't done better than ATI since the geForce4. FX<9000, 6X00=Xx00 (and I'm being generous with nVidia), 7X00=X1K (again, being generous), G80>X2K as it's not out yet. This is to prove that their is no basis for the OPs assumption: that ATI's out of the game.

You say the 8800gts is the only hit since the 7600gt...lol. Wow they only had to wait one series for another hit what craziness.
This is not to diss nVidia. This is to say that they did not, and DO not, as the OP seems to assume, own every segment. The 7600GT right now is the low-end; 8800s are the high-end. In the mainstream, ATI is still playing a strong game with the X1950 series. Agreed?

pottymonster

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
seriously.

'YOUR 8800 IS WORTHLESS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DX10 GAMES OUT!!!11one'

uh...? the 8800 slays in dx9 too.

and out of curiosity, how come when i run dxdiag in vista, it says my dx version is dx10?

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
and out of curiosity, how come when i run dxdiag in vista, it says my dx version is dx10?

For the last time, just because you have DX10 SOFTWARE installed doesn't mean that you have the HARDWARE to fully utilize it. Yes, you have DX10, but you won't be able to use its DX10-exclusive features without a DX10 compatible card.

pongrules

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Count me in on the "competition is good" crowd. I love my 8800GTX, but for the time being, NV is charging the crap out of it because they can. Competition and lower prices are good for everyone.

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
ok, i was genuinely curious. people are so strung out here...

yeah i know what you are talking about :evil: this forum sucks for politeness , i mean they take it for granted that you should know everything :evil:

Anyway there are some friendly people although most of them are rude .

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
There aer DX10 drivers out..sure they arent gold yet but you can DL the beta build which seems to be holding up relatively well. And regardless if Nvidia has DX10 drivers out yet for the G80 they are kicking ATIs ass in the 9x department also. Oh and that best gaming card for the money where it was split down the middle was done before Nvidia had price drops on the G80 and also before they released the 8800GTS 320mb. So the $300 card which was once owned by ATI is now taken by the 8800GTS 320. And for the record im not an Nvidia Fanboy..i now own 4 rigs 2 of them Nvidia 2 ATI.

Malazan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Instead of trying to interpret what i posted to suit your own ends - try reading it instead.

It isn't a couple of weeks, they haven't a clue when it's coming, or dare'nt speculate beyond the very wooly "Quarter 2" estimate.

ATI does have some great products, both teams do, but ATI is lagging badly.

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Instead of trying to interpret what i posted to suit your own ends - try reading it instead.

It isn't a couple of weeks, they haven't a clue when it's coming, or dare'nt speculate beyond the very wooly "Quarter 2" estimate.

ATI does have some great products, both teams do, but ATI is lagging badly.

i can see your point , i am disappointed in Ati i was lookin foward to the r 600 dont mind certain people , their minds are overclocked :lol: