25cm / 250mm Fan Filter?

SinisterMessiah

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
Greetings,

I have a 250mm fan on the side of my case that I have been using as an intake and I was wondering if anyone knew of a site that sells filters for fans of such a size, or if anyone knows of a material I can use to make one without drastically cutting back on airflow.

I have searched all over the place and can't seem to locate something.

Thanks!

You could try an old pair of pantyhose...

"Home Computer Tuneup" - popularmechanics.com[/url]"]
PMX1005TechDIY001-lg.jpg

Everyone should have an old pair laying around... :oops: urm, I mean wife/gf/mom etc... :lol:

Poxal

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Used dryer sheets (fabric softner) also work well! Just dont use them until you have run them through the dryer or you will get little white pieces in your case. Gives your rig a nice clean smell too! :D

SinisterMessiah

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
My girlfriend has some black pantyhose that I can use.

She seemed a little concerned when I called her and asked her where her black pantyhose are and if I could use them. :lol:

Gneisenau

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I have heard the new dusting fabrics work well. Like Cling??? I don't know how they work with gaming rigs.

Anyone else know if this works (safe) or not?

Gneisenau

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
My girlfriend has some black pantyhose that I can use.

She seemed a little concerned when I called her and asked her where her black pantyhose are and if I could use them. :lol:

:oops: :lol: BUSTED!!

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I'd prefer cleaning up my case more often than use a filter; they always get stuffed up pretty quickly and greatly reduce airflow.