Lost Password Help

I have a W2k Pro workstation that was in storage for a year. I've lost and
forgotten the administrator password. It's FAT32 and all is visibile from a
w98 boot floppy. It's 15GB of installs , fixes and the whole MSDN
development environment. Is there any way out?
2 answers Last reply
More about lost password help

    In news:YT2ne.270756$cg1.61587@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
    fred <fred@hotmaim.con> had this to say:

    > I have a W2k Pro workstation that was in storage for a year. I've
    > lost and forgotten the administrator password. It's FAT32 and all is
    > visibile from a w98 boot floppy. It's 15GB of installs , fixes and
    > the whole MSDN development environment. Is there any way out?

    This should do the trick:

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Since you are using fat32 boot from the floppy and use the command ren
    c:\winnt\system32\config\sam c:\winnt\system32\config\samold and then reboot
    your computer. You then should be able to logon to the computer by entering
    the administrator password but entering no password. Be sure to give it a
    password ASAP however. The computer will generate a new sam file with only
    the built in administrator account and guest account. If you do not want to
    delete existing accounts then use Galen's suggestion. --- Steve

    "fred" <fred@hotmaim.con> wrote in message
    >I have a W2k Pro workstation that was in storage for a year. I've lost and
    > forgotten the administrator password. It's FAT32 and all is visibile from
    > w98 boot floppy. It's 15GB of installs , fixes and the whole MSDN
    > development environment. Is there any way out?

Lost Password Windows